Bad Release

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I was down at the archery course today doing a little fine tuning of my bow.

A spectacularly bad release resulted in me punching myself in the face. Hard enough to draw blood.

I'm sitting in front of the fire feeling sorry for myself and nursing a split lip at the moment :fight: :eek:uch:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
According the medics, that is impossible unless done deliberately.
They did say that there are extreme circumstances where this can happen by accident, but..........
They seemed reluctant to finish the sentence, but after promising never to say a word, they told me the extreme circumstances involve a release aid
Now who would do such a things with a barebow recurve??

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
We barebowers take pride in the fact that we don't need mechanical aids to injure ourselves.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Wash your mouth out..........
But, but... I promithed the medicth never to thay a word about it. My lipth are thealed... they thaw to that!
The thtitcheth make me lithp, and getting thoap in my mouth ith a no no!!

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Yes, punching yourself in the face with a release is hardly uncommon.
You could link us to a page....

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
It's gone down a little.

And the cut is surprisingly small considering the amount of blood.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Oh that's good (bad)! You done it proper!

Hope it's on the mend now.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I do a bad release, about four times out of every three shots, but I don't beat myself up about it!
I just need to brush up on my maths a bit more.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
when I first started with a elb I had my anchor point on my check and whenever i released I punched myself in the check, not hard but by the end of the session there as quite a swelling. I now anchor by my eye and every now again .....

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
close, I have to make sure I cut my nails really short as I end up with stripes across the side of my face or if real unlucky a finger in the eye. happens a lot less now