Bag/case for Hex limbs

drgrumpy79

I love my Hex7.2 limbs, but carrying them around has been less safe due to the fact that they do not fit inside my Hoyt Traditional takedown bag. How do other owners deal with this problem?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I have border limbs and a safari-tuff bag. I put the limbs in their border sleeves and then in the bag. The hooks stick out the top. It's never been a problem.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I use a normal rucksack instead of an archery rucksack. Fits everything.

drgrumpy79

I use a normal rucksack instead of an archery rucksack. Fits everything.
So no solid case and custom-cut foam then. I thought that would be too clunky. I'm sliding mine, with the cover on, into the takedown bag after closing it leaving the hooks outside. But a rucksack may be the simplest solution.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Nah, just use the covers the limbs riser etc came in. Made covers for my stabilisers (or you can buy them), arrow tube strapped to the side or it would fit inside if needed. Then I can also get my quiver (with bracer, stringer, tab, hat, specs, sling tucked inside), tripod, scope, spare clothes, lunch blah deblah the whole shooting match in there.
The advantage with a proper rucksack is that it has an adjustable back length, proper waist strap and better shoulder straps than an archery rucksack.

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I bought a cheap mic stand bag off Amazon and lined it with an Ikea fleece blanket.....maybe ?15 all in.

It is a bit floppy so a long dark winter nights project is to fit some thin fibreglass rod battens and maybe a divider or two.

Easton Pro Tour (if you can still get one) fits everything in, Tempest riser in Border cover, Hex 8's in Border sleeves (fits my Hex 7.2's as well) and all the various quivers, long rods, tools, arrows, kitchen sink etc etc.
Not sure what the later Easton Deluxe is like for fit, but I disliked that one because the whole bag had to be opened for access, not just the side pocket or opening.

JohnK

I've picked up an Easton Protour recently from a shop in the East of England (can't mention the name, just in case I fall foul of the bizarre "advertising" rules here).

It swallows my 25 Tempest and XL CVH limbs. I reckon my HEX7.5s would fit comfortably as well, although my 27in Tempest may be a tight fit.

It's amazing how much this bag can hold. I can easily fit my spotting scope (inside) and tripod (strapped onto the side), and also my waterproofs. The removable tool pouch is probably my favourite feature.

Great backpack. Pick one up if you can.

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yeah but the Pro Tour can’t take a strung bow..that’s why I resorted to making my own bag. I had/have a Bear Grizzly when I made the bag.

Kerf

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I found archery bags and cases either too expensive or of questionable quality. I eventually settled for a police PSU 100 litre hold-all with shoulder straps as well as a grab handle. It easily fits my Hex 5 limbs, in their covers, with room to spare and my arrow tube also comfortably fits. I can carry two full rigs. It also has six exterior pockets, a waterproof base and is as tough as old boots. I put some foam in the bottom for a little extra padding. It cost ?33, and got my initials on it for free. Admin might not like me putting a link to it but I can try if anyone’s interested.