Bahco Wrecking Knife

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yes I tried something similar but found that the chisel end was too broad to dig arrows out of trees.

I found that you really need something with a smaller tip. Like a knife or a screwdriver.

wiganmike

Thanks for that, saved me ?15 ! Will try a Mora I have lying around and maybe sharpen up an old stubby screwdriver ;-) I have a lovely J.Neilson knife but no way am I using that for prying lol

bobnewboy

The Mora will probably break as it is only a thin carving blade. I have the Bahco wrecking knife SB2449 for field, but with the curved end rather than the chisel end. It is cheap, strong and works perfectly.

AndyW

If you go to Greenman bushcraft they've got the chisel knife and a matching bushcraft knife by Hultafors which are reduced to ?6 each. Advantage being the sheaths are interlocking so you can stick both on your quiver/belt at the same time and use whichever suits the job at hand. I bought them when they were full price - still a bargain. Couple of years on and still going strong. Haven't even used my newly acquired bayonet yet.