Barr and Stroud Sahara scope

mikearky

Has anyone used the Barr and stroud Sahara spotting scopes and if so are they any good for target archery especially the longer distances.

wingate_52

I have the Bresser 20-60 X 80 which is the same scope. I was really impressed with it, waterresistant so far, my previous 20-60x 60 fogged up ( different brand) this is a robust scope, with a nice jacket. I bought mine from B.Sports. I can see the nocks at 100 yards, in the gold.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I have the Bresser 20-60 X 80 which is the same scope...I can see the nocks at 100 yards, in the gold.
Wow, that's pretty good going for a sub ?200 scope. Given it's waterproof to 1m for 60sec and a Bak4 prism, and the reports below are unbiased, I can't see how you could go wrong. It also has a 10 year guarantee so they must be pretty sure of themselves.
Reports:
http://www.barrandstroud.com/uimage...eview.pdf9be2d7d332926617d155f554efa247a1.pdf
Barr & Stroud Sahara 20-60x80 Spotting Scope Review

I would love to see some pictures through the scope at 90m to get an idea of the resolution.

Badgers Dad

I have the Sahara, I use it for 100 yds, its a very capable scope in my opinion. It is heavy so get a good strong tripod.

Bertybobby

Mine has just gone on eBay as I cannot use it at 90m. Image is a bit mushy and any knocks of same colour make it impossible to spot my own. I may just have been unlucky as I've seen many decent reviews.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Oblivion

Mine has just gone on eBay as I cannot use it at 90m. Image is a bit mushy and any knocks of same colour make it impossible to spot my own. I may just have been unlucky as I've seen many decent reviews.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Seems like you got a bad one.
I have the Sahara 20-60 X 80 and it's an excellent scope for the money. I would only use the 80cm version for Archery as you lose a lot of light at higher magnifications at distance with any scope. I probably don't go above 45X anyway.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Seems like you got a bad one.
I have the Sahara 20-60 X 80 and it's an excellent scope for the money. I would only use the 80cm version for Archery as you lose a lot of light at higher magnifications at distance with any scope. I probably don't go above 45X anyway.
80cm?!... :)

Bertybobby

After selling my B&S on fleabay I got the Celestron Ultima 65. Used it at a FITA this weekend and was very pleased with it. Crisp and clear at all distances.

Ar-Pe-Lo

Wow, that's pretty good going for a sub ?200 scope. Given it's waterproof to 1m for 60sec and a Bak4 prism, and the reports below are unbiased, I can't see how you could go wrong. It also has a 10 year guarantee so they must be pretty sure of themselves.
Reports:
http://www.barrandstroud.com/uimage...eview.pdf9be2d7d332926617d155f554efa247a1.pdf
Barr & Stroud Sahara 20-60x80 Spotting Scope Review

I would love to see some pictures through the scope at 90m to get an idea of the resolution.
It's not bad for money, but it's all plastic and 1 fall in wind on grass and it ended in 2 halves....