Beginner recurve limbs

DeanH707

Hi all,
I’m looking for my first set of ILF limbs. I have my eye on the WNS Delta F2 limbs but can’t find any reviews. Has anyone used these? Would they be a reasonable starting point? They have a foam core instead of wood and finished with fibre glass. Not sure what the difference is.
Thanks.

LittleSkink

Not quite answering your question, sorry . . . my first ILF were WNS Axiom limbs, similar to Delta but wooden core not foam, had no issues with them (still have them somewhere). Guess it depends how good you are or how quickly you will progress

In my experience you can quickly outgrow you first limbs, so sticking to a known reliable brand made sense - you can trust them and they are easy to sell on if you wont need them gain (I kept mine because I have kids who may yet use them)

- I think the foam is supposed to make them slightly more stable than wood core, as a beginner I couldn't tell, but for the minimal price difference it would be very tempting. FWIW my second limbs were KG wooden core and they didn't feel like a massive step up from WNS Axiom, but very pretty :)

found this thread . . . WNS Delta F2 Limbs? Thoughts?

Last edited:

DeanH707

To be fair, the look of them caught my eye. Black with the neon green graphics, I have a Matt black riser to pair them with. Might just go for it and see. All part of the learning curve I guess.

LittleSkink

Is there a decent retailer near you? One way to find what suits you is to try one or two limbs in a shop, and most will let you try before you buy. You also get to try different poundage and get some advice from folks who see beginners all the time

I returned to archery at the start of lock down so all my beginner stuff was bought online, but the retailer I used was still great at answering my queries via email and phone - the only thing I got slightly wrong was the riser, they do feel different, especially the grip / balance

Are you in a club? Sometimes folks will let you try their kit out (though not really at my club for some reason) and you will certainly get a few opinions from people - also, its pretty common for folks at clubs to have stuff they are wanting to sell - worth asking because you can get some limbs, use them and sell them on later for almost no cost