Beiter button lengths

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
Agreed, the Shibuya is a good button with excellent functionality. The Beiter (and AAE) win out in ease of use, no fumbling for the little allen keys, which I always seemed to drop in the grass. If Shibuya had the click stop adjuster then yes it would be close to being up there with the Beiter, but of course the price would reflect that.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
... The Beiter (and AAE) win out in ease of use, no fumbling for the little allen keys, which I always seemed to drop in the grass.
That's the only reason I bought one. Last year I was frustrated that, shooting six arrows, I couldn't tweak the shibi to move arrows left and right slightly after the first couple without fumbling for a tiny allen key. I've noticed at 50m I start shooting just left of gold and if not corrected they drift into the gold over about 4 doz. I suspect muscle tension as I don't warm up properly. Hopefully I can get the arrows in the middle sooner. Could be worth an extra 10 points on a barebow WA50. Looks like I will have to wait 'till the summer to test it as indoors now has just gone down the pan.

Last edited:

Stretch

We all have different needs - my most recent Beiter is gold and has been in since about January last year. It’s dialled to 8.0 just like my black and silver ones. I did change the centre shot when I moved it from the Prodigy RX to the Xi. :rolleyes:

The click adjustment is nice, I just don’t use it very often. For my use it is pretty much unnecessary and my Beiter Allen wrench set works on the Shibuya and is hard to lose.

I do have a sight on all my bows at the moment though...

Stretch

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
That's the only reason I bought one. Last year I was frustrated that, shooting six arrows, I couldn't tweak the shibi to move arrows left and right slightly after the first couple without fumbling for a tiny allen key. I've noticed at 50m I start shooting just left of gold and if not corrected they drift into the gold over about 4 doz. I suspect muscle tension as I don't warm up properly. Hopefully I can get the arrows in the middle sooner. Could be worth an extra 10 points on a barebow WA50. Looks like I will have to wait 'till the summer to test it as indoors now has just gone down the pan.
Same here since switching to barebow I find that the ability to just put on one or two clicks to compensate for a lateral drift is worth a number of points, much like a compounder or recurve shooter just adding a couple of clicks on their sight. Often I think it may be a mental thing, but it does move the arrows without having to change form or aiming off. The ease of just reaching down and almost subconciously clicking the button saves the distraction of having to get out the allen keys and fiddle with the screws, plus of course it's easily reversible and always consistent.