Beiter In/out Nocks

MikeD

Is it just me? I fitted Beiter in/out nocks to my navigators and they are great. Except whenever I come down the arrow pops off the string.

They fit on the string with a satisfying click.

Does anyone else have a problem or should I be looking for teh nock being pinched between the twin nocking points?

It's the normal Beiter nocks, not the hunter ones...

King Custard

can you have someone else draw you bow ( without an arrow ) to the same point that you'd draw it to yourself while you watch closely the nock point?....are the two halves separating atall at full draw?

Assuming you are not for some reason now pinching the arrow's nock with your tab .......

My guess without seeing it for myself is that either you need a larger size nock point ( and all larger nocks - damn the expense ) for a looser fit around the string strands......or that youve whipped/served a thread or two too many upto the nockpoint before starting to whip over the nockpoint....thus forcing the halves to 'buckle' as string angles increase.

Daft as it sounds ( but it has worked for me):
If you take a couple of twists Off the bottom limb end of the string - and put a couple of twists On the top end ( or vice versa) - you could find the nock point in the same place heightwise, only turned that the join line between the two NP halves is now in a different plane, alleviating the buckling and forcing the arrows to 'pop' off.

I love the Bieter system but sometimes it just needs doing all over again to get it right...god knows why it wasn't right in the first place...but second time around, everything's perfect !!!

King Custard

Alternatively...
as I've argued with pro- shop people before, who wouldn't have it but....

Have you been supplied with the right size NP in the right sized packet?

String your bow - now, with Just a spare nock ( no arrow) - clip the nock onto the string ....Is it at 90 degrees to the string when clipped on? or at a slight angle?

If it's standing out and any kinda angle - you have mis-matched NP and arrow nocks....ie no2 nocks on a 9/32 NP ( or t'other way round )
The arrow nock should have just a little play up and down the NP - if it doesnt, the nock will surely get pinched at full draw.

MikeD

Thanks there's some good stuff there to work through. I should've said I'm not using the Beiter nocking point, just two tied nocks. They are the large size and on my Ultratec. The fit to the string is excellent, I'm really pleased with that.

I'll put on a temporary D-loop and see if I get the same problem with a release aid. The problem happened coming down after drawing with two fingers below the arrow. I'll get my coach to have a look tonight, he'll be able to see what is going on.

Mike

jeves

This used to happen to me all the time. It turned out i was just pinching the nock as i began to draw and this was pulling it off the nocking point. Being more careful or getting a bigger finger spacer should solve this.

Hope this helps:eek:ptimist:

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
If you're shooting compound with fingers, then it's possible the acute string angle will encourage finger contact with the nock. In this case, coming down from such an acute angle can cause the finger contact to push the nock off the string.

It's always good practice to check the nock fit if you come down on a shot to make sure it's sitting back into the groove.

MikeD

If you're shooting compound with fingers, then it's possible the acute string angle will encourage finger contact with the nock. In this case, coming down from such an acute angle can cause the finger contact to push the nock off the string.

It's always good practice to check the nock fit if you come down on a shot to make sure it's sitting back into the groove.
Thanks Murray I suspect you are right. I am shooting just two fingers below, but I am placing my middle finger to just touch the nock. I could be pushing the nock off the string.

I'm more concerned that the acute angle of the string is causing the nocking points to push the arrow forward at full draw, and I run the risk of the arrow falling off at full draw. I hope I can sort this out, because the beiter nocks are so much easier to see in a target compared to the Easton pin nocks I was using.