Best limbs sub ~180gbp?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Win&Win WINACT (at bang on ?180, just a fraction over budget!). Why? because they're proven and lasting technology.

Ffish

W&W Winact are very highly rated by a lot of people on here. You can pick up a pair for around ?150.
Failing that, Hoyt Vectors are around the same price. I believe the W&W are glass/wood and the Hoyt are carbon/foam.

jet186

I was going to suggest SF carbon foam limbs at ?169 but just recently someone I know has had two sets delaminate on him:sigh:

Neo

I never had any problems with challenger craft limbs. if your on a budget i managed a 540 with them on a winstar but know people that have done more

A

ASW1973

winacts are an excellent limb (carbon) they are superior to any of the other limbs mentioned in the thread so far. Having had countless sets through my hands since their inception i would say that no other limb performs beter than the winnact apart from MAYBE g3, extremes, masters and the winnacts are far cheaper :)
going rate for a second hand pair is ?120 as alt market place will sell you a new pair for around the 150 mark.

Thunk

Ironman
I've been shooting SF Carbons for over a year now, and cannot praise them highly enough. I haven't shot the Winact limbs and so cannot offer a comparison, but from what others have said I would imagine either would be a very good buy.

I've had no delamination issues at all with the SFs. I shoot a 70" bow with 36lbs on the fingers. If I recall correctly, the limb delamination that was mentioned on here concerned a short pair of limbs with poundage in the mid-40s. I don't know enough about the physics involved but logic says the stresses on the limbs have to be much higher in such a case. And it may be that the problem is restricted to a bad batch. It's worth remembering that the biggest delamination problem at the moment seems to be concerning Hoyt G3s, which cost considerably more than either of the limbs mentioned above.

A

ASW1973

delamination issues with hoyt g3's? dont get me wrong I am not a tremendous fan of the g3 limb but it is the best selling limb of the moment in recurve archery and very very few sets have been returned. Have you any information on actual delaminations that can be substantiated and are not caused by damge to the limb leading to problem.

Shirt

The wonder of the internet - soon as one person posts on a forum about their G3s going bang, everyone gets scared... same happened with 1st generation Synerzy. I've personally seen 4 separate sets of KAP Challengers delaminate. I've seen no G3s, one set of Winexes, and nothing by Samick.

If I had ?180 for a set of limbs, I'd get something off Alternative's marketplace - Vectors, preferably, something like Winacts or Synerzys otherwise.

Shirt

Well, I could say I had just to try and put the wind up you, but I don't think that would be entirely fair...:raspberry