Barebow Best type of riser for BB

Khallam

Hello

im just starting out looking for my first bow. I intend to shoot BB and was looking for any recommendations on riser. It has been suggested that I go for the Mybo Wave or if can find on the 2nd hand market the Hoyt Matrix. Just wondered if anyone has anything else to throw into the mix?

thanks

Corax67

I shoot my Inno CXT barebow and it is sweet as a nut - don't see many come up secondhand and those that do aren't cheap but it is genuinely a riser for life.

Another option is the Spigarelli Revolution Barebow riser which one of my mates shoots. He admits it took a bit of fiddling to get it set up the way he likes it but he is lethal with it.

Good luck with your hunt.

Karl

AndyW

If it was me I would have a hard time justifying anything new and I would go second hand. Probably a KG1 just because they are sexy, which you can quite easily pick up for <?100. But, as you are starting out I would guess a good ILF riser so as you can swap out the limbs as you develop / strengthen. Advantage being that you can recoup the cost of any limb swaps by selling on.
However, you will probably do what most of us have done which is go on a buying frenzy because there's just so much brilliant archery stuff to buy. I still can't resist when I get an idea in my head - to the point of obsessive must have.

Valkamai

Depending on which organisation you're going to be shooting in, the rules for barebow can vary so that needs to be taken into account for your decision.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Hawkmoon

If you are going to shoot bare bow then normally the riser will be a bit heavier than a freestyle riser as the extra mass gives more inertia and so helps with stability through the shot. As ha been said you can use almost any ILF riser to shoot bare bow with a few exceptions that are not allowed because of their design.

For me the best compromise would be a Spigarelli Revolution, I am on my second one, the first was the freestyle version which I shot a lot for six years before one of the elements cracked and I now have the bare bow version, the nice this about this riser is that it is built for bare bow but will accept all sights, rods and a clicker if you decide to go target instead.