Bloodline string

nbuuifx

Has anyone else had any issues with bloodline strings in a recurve?

I mean they work, but they seem to have made the bow really noisy. Swapping back to a regular reign bowstring with the same brace height etc quietens the bow right down. Tried bracing heights right through the range with no noticeable improvement.

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
There are a few different types of bloodline material I think, so which are you using?
Some bow limbs do not like the really low stretch string materials, My uukha limbs for instance recommend 8125 and work really well with it. In my experience, a noisy bow is an unhappy one, so I would keep on using the string material that gives less vibration and noise, and keep your limbs happier...

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yeah, I'd put it down to the material. What are you using, what did you previously use?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Something else that occurs to me is number of twists in the string. A lot of twists can have a cushioning effect.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Which sort? Looking at their website, B99 appears to be a dyneema, but there's a vectran laced version as well (not recommended for recurve). But it's SK99 dyneema, which might also make a difference...

nbuuifx

It is a B99 supreme edition.

IIRC it was about 20 twists at the initial bracing point, then went up and down whilst trying different heights.

We've put the old string back on for now.