Bowdometer

nbuuifx

Has anyone tried a bowdometer? At £100 they're fairly expensive but are they worth it?

I've read a review which basically said they were a useful shot counter but the metrics it used didn't seem that useful. They put that down to shooting at multiple spots in practise to stop the arrows being smashed. It sounds like it would only work properly if you aimed at the exact same point each time. It is supposed to used the tilt, swivel and cant of the bow to create a Xi metric - if you get the same metric twice in a row then you produced the same shot.

Just wondering what people's thoughts were on this.

I tried to make a shot counter out of an ESP board during lockdown but I couldn't find a reliable way to only count the shot and not just any shock movement. So I'm mildly interested in this.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If you want a shot counter, just get a counter for a few quid. If you want the analytics, there's a few out there. I have a MantisX

nbuuifx

If you want a shot counter, just get a counter for a few quid. If you want the analytics, there's a few out there. I have a MantisX
We've already got shot counters of the manual kind - and although they work well enough - they are reliant on not forgetting. It would be more the analytics that I'd be interested in, but an automatic shot counter at the same time would be useful.

How do you find the MantisX? I watched something about the Mantis and it did look good, but the negative was that you could only do 30 shots per 'session' on it - is that true for yours?