Bowman !!!!!!!!!

Corax67

My trusty longbow has done me good :)

With highly changeable weather this morning making things look less than impressive, three hardy longbow archers of Ferryfield archers (me, Daniel & Bill) set ourselves against the 100ydctarget once more for a New National.

We knocked lumps out of it ! It was one of those days when we were managing hits every end to keep the scores steadily building and even though the drop to 80yds was accompanied by a sudden change in wind speed and multiple directions we persevered to record Bowman scores all round.

Daniel's first, Bill's umpteenth and my third of the season :)

Considering that that twelve months ago my recurve form was so bad I was seriously contemplating packing archery in until a sudden bout of ill health forced me onto longbow which I have fallen in love with.

I set small personal goals this year and yet I have managed to achieve 1st Class in Barebow and now Bowman in Longbow so everything else will be a massive bonus as the year progresses.

Super happy archer

Karl

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
well done, funny how when you reduce your expectations because of the weather it all goes together and confounds you.

Corax67

Absolutely - last Saturday with zero pressure having attained Bowman I shot my PB for New National in changeable wind conditions followed by absolutely smashing my Albion PB by 86 points on Sunday in a league match. It all seems to flow nicely now.

Karl