Broken finger

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
My poor son (11) broke his little finger last week; we were practising long rugby passes on the beach, I threw it, he caught it badly. It’s quite a nasty break on his right side; twisted and broken.
So the poor chap can’t use the surfboard that was made for him and my wife and finished the day after it broke. No rugby. No swimming. It’s cycling. But one thing he CAN still do is archery (and play his bass guitar); hooray!!

So I think we’ll be stepping it up until he’s mended in 5ish weeks time.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Bow hand or string hand ? Mind out for the stresses involved - it still will affect the little finger.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Bow hand or string hand ? Mind out for the stresses involved - it still will affect the little finger.
String hand and he uses a wrist release so I was hoping the forces were fairly minimal. His bow (Hoyt Ruckus) is set to about 25lbs.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
You can but try it...but, of course, any pain or if the strap rubs or whatever...

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
You can but try it...but, of course, any pain or if the strap rubs or whatever...
We gave it a try (needed so lengthen the DL again; he keeps on growing) and it’s seemed okay.

I’m a bit paranoid about him hurting it again so fairly “on it.”