Button Holes

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
If your riser has two button holes drilled, how do you decide which to use? David

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Ok, I did some research and I gather that you can use the front hole to get a stiffer arrow to tune (or looked at another way, got an arrow to act weaker). Has anyone ever tried that?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Yes, I always use the furthest away one. With a low Brace Height bow it also gives the opportunity for greater clearance.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have no idea what fits your bow! But the rest has to support the arrow at the button, not 2cm behind it.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I would be surprised if a wrap around rest would reach the front hole position. My understanding for using the rear mounting is to reduce effects of torque as it is directly above the bow pivot point in the grip. The only world class archer I know who shoots/has shot from the front button position is Chang Hyejin.
1589898118704.png

Mark2

AIUK Saviour
With her form as word No.1 in 2018 she can probably shot from either and still win. Her rest is moved forward too as you would expect. Given most button holes are around 15mm apart you can move the button and leave the rest in place. There is no law against it, but most people would not recommend it, but there is nothing wrong with trying it and seeing how you get on.

Big George

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I once managed to put the button in the front hole when the rest was set at the back hole. I spent the entire (indoor) session wondering why all my arrows were not going (roughly) high and left and not where they went the previous week. Had people check my form, set up etc. No one noticed the button in the wrong place until the “Duh” moment as I took the bow down at the end.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Does everyone take the button out of the riser at the end of a session? I leave the button in as it is the only thread on the riser that is not bushed. It does cause a problem with riser sleeves and bow bags with it sticking out awkwardly.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Yup, leave it in. Yes it sticks out, but so does my rest, v-bar and extender etc. Whatever.

Fuzzy

You could do what I do: Button comes out of button hole, into stabiliser bushing. Same thread, no catching.