Carbon Impact Ultra Fast

MikeD

Is anyone shooting Carbon Impact Ultra fast arrows? I've ordered three from Merlin to see what spine to get.

I'm planning to shoot these for field competitions, and perhaps the occasional Fita or York (where carbon arrows are not banned). I can't afford ACEs, but even the price of Orange version of the Ultra Fasts seems to be good to be true (as they come with nocks and points). Are these any better than Redlines, which are awful?

MikeD

Is anyone shooting Carbon Impact Ultra fast arrows? I've ordered three from Merlin to see what spine to get.

I'm planning to shoot these for field competitions, and perhaps the occasional Fita or York (where carbon arrows are not banned). I can't afford ACEs, but even the price of Orange version of the Ultra Fasts seems to be good to be true (as they come with nocks and points). Are these any better than Redlines, which are awful?
Am I really the first person to try these arrows? Gulp! That's a bit of a worry. They arrive today, Hopefully I can make them up before shooting tonight.

Jay.g

Have shot them as intermediate arrows because of rapid growth, descent enough really, they just get worn quickly and the components the point especially is really maleable. They are very light though so not that good for target but they sound like the type of arrows that you're looking for, for your purpose.

wanshu

Am I really the first person to try these arrows? Gulp! That's a bit of a worry. They arrive today, Hopefully I can make them up before shooting tonight.
I bought a dozen super club carbon impacts (Yellow) last year, ready to shoot and at the time they were on offer. I paid something like ?40 plus postage and they have been great arrows for the price. I damaged my first arrow last week after it caught a metal pin head on. Damaged the first half an inch. I used them mostly to get my BM classification.
They are not as straight as an ACC but after all they are less than half the price.

These arrows are better than some would like to admit.
They are very slim and made 100yds easily. They are a little light for strong winds but all arrows suffer to some extent then.

They have a good spine range and I would recommend them without hesitation. Why loose or damage an arrow that costs ?7-8 or more each when these little beauties are roughly ?4 ish each fletched and ready to shoot. No brainer.
Be aware that they are more difficult to find if they bury themselves in the grass but I've always found mine using a standard metal detector. Only the pile to detect, still managed it even in wet soggy conditions.

Go for it!!! As the Ultra fasts are a higher spec, much closer to the ACC's

MikeD

Well Is shot the three I'd bought a bit last night. Two fletched one bare shaft. The spine is spot on, though I'd need to adjust the nocking point height as they are thinner than th XX75s I'm shooting at the moment. I'm going to go ahead and buy some more :)

Yorker

Well Is shot the three I'd bought a bit last night. Two fletched one bare shaft. The spine is spot on, though I'd need to adjust the nocking point height as they are thinner than th XX75s I'm shooting at the moment. I'm going to go ahead and buy some more :)
How do they compare to Easton Redlines, being that they are a little more pricey? I'm looking at the possibility of cheap carbons as an interim before I up poundage and Redlines seem a fairly good idea... but if CI Ultras are better for only ?2 more an arrow...

Devon_Archer

I know some swear by their redlines but all I did was swear at mine

I couldn't get them to fly straight or group, and when I spined them they were like someone had sold me a dozen different arrows, they were all over the place, and no I hadn't shot them thousands of times, and I don't think they were damaged by target shock as the damn things hardly ever hit the target

I use Lightspeeds now and love em to bits, extremely light and straight, and very robust but my friends that are shooting heavy weight compunds tell me that like all cheap arrows the spine does wear

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I've been shooting the Carbon Impact Yellows for nearly a year.

I can't fault them & would happily recommend them to anyone. I have found that the spine rating seems to be quite wide....I can shoot my 500 spines from my current setup (approx 44# fingers/31" draw). there is no noticable difference compared to the 450 spines that I also have.

For the price they are a good purchase. I've never had much of a problem using them for target.

I will probably be buying another doz. quite soon. This time I might opt for the orange shafts instead of the yellow.

sambow

I've shot them for two years. I think they are a great arrow, they are very strong, helped I think by the cross woven carbon fibre and at the same time lightweight. I have only three gripes with them. The knocks supplied by carbon impact are not good at all, they break very easily even without being rear ended, change them to easton ones. The brass points are very easily knocked out of true. If you rear end an arrow the chances are the brass point will be bent over, if you don't notice it, the arrow will be out of balance. They are a pig to remove from straw butts, the cross woven carbon seams to grip like crazy to the straw, my lads cartel tripples have a much smoother surface and are easier to remove.

Ref a previous post on the shafts being soft. I can't say I have experienced that. I typically shoot 300-500 arrows a week and have done that with these arrows for around two years during the outdoor season. I can't say I have experienced any shaft wear.

wanshu

They are a pig to remove from straw butts, the cross woven carbon seams to grip like crazy to the straw, my lads cartel tripples have a much smoother surface and are easier to remove.

Ref a previous post on the shafts being soft. I can't say I have experienced that. I typically shoot 300-500 arrows a week and have done that with these arrows for around two years during the outdoor season. I can't say I have experienced any shaft wear.
Try using a bit of cheap liquid soap on the area of the arrow that slides into the boss, just a light coating will suffice. Makes it so much easier to draw from the target and also reduces the amount of resin that often sticks to them.

MikeD

I've tried redlines with recurve and with compound. I can't say I had good results with either. The carbon impacts are a smaller diameter for the spine, so I think they'll drift less than redines. I may have to change the points but I'll try the supplies points for a while. I'll be shooting into foam bosses in the main, so hopefully they will be fine. I've ordered the rest of the dozen from Merlin, so hopefully I'll be shooting with them soon.

Jay.g

Yea I've never had any luck with finding alternative components so if you get any luck in finding alternative and BETTER components for those arrows then please give me a pm or something. Might get a set for field or dad.