Centre shot problem

bda019

Hi any help appreciated with this
i have a Hoyt recurve bow which I am trying to tune , the brace height is correct the nocking point is correct ,limb alignment is correct, arrow rest is correct my problem is centre shot
I have a laser for setting up centre shot , I set the laser bang on centre of the nock and the idea is that to set centre shot the laser should run straight up the length of a nocked arrow if it doesn’t i need to tune in the pressure button so that the laser goes straight up the arrow but I can not get the arrow set so centre shot is set
I’m stuck on this one , any one any ideas
thanks
Brian

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
You know the arrow shaft isn't normally set on centre shot on a recurve...? It's more common to set it a bit out, to allow for the shaft moving in at release.
So, using you laser, you'd see it angled so that (at least) it just touches the point of the arrow. It could need further out than that

bda019

You know the arrow shaft isn't normally set on centre shot on a recurve...? It's more common to set it a bit out, to allow for the shaft moving in at release.
So, using you laser, you'd see it angled so that (at least) it just touches the point of the arrow. It could need further out than that
Thanks for the reply I have set it more or less as you have said ,just need to get to range to see how the bow performs

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
I set my centre shots as described by Jake Kaminsky in his tuning video. Parallel shafts set straight down the centre of the arrow, barrelled shafts (X10, ACEs etc) set slightly outside. This has greatly improved my bow tune walk backs. Note at about 6mins 15secs in.

Centre shot and arrow nodes

bda019

I set my centre shots as described by Jake Kaminsky in his tuning video. Parallel shafts set straight down the centre of the arrow, barrelled shafts (X10, ACEs etc) set slightly outside. This has greatly improved my bow tune walk backs. Note at about 6mins 15secs in.

Centre shot and arrow nodes
Thanks for your reply , I have now watched the video via the link you sent , I will try a bit of experimenting with barrel and parallel shafts