Riser Chaser Python reviews?

Eliminateur

Hello,
i've been trying to find *western* reviews of the Chaser Python riser but so far i've come up empty.

i'd like to hear from firsthand users about it, since it's a high end riser

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
It must be only available in your part of the world. Forgive me but I've never heard of the Chaser Python. Am I right in thinking it's a Vietnamese manufacturer?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I'd be interested in deflex, mass, and balance when fully loaded. I'm currently shooting a 7075 riser, but there's little in it over a 6000 series aluminium, other than cost and trickiness when anodising.
However, I haven't laid eyes on one, let alone shot one and have no geometry measurements to go on, so how it actually shoots, other than now knowing it's been given to members of the Chinese team, I cannot say.
I'd guess that until there is a dealer in the UK, it won't be too common, so it'll always be an unusual sighting here.

Libris

Supporter
Supporter
I'd be interested in deflex, mass, and balance when fully loaded. I'm currently shooting a 7075 riser, but there's little in it over a 6000 series aluminium, other than cost and trickiness when anodising.
Well, perhaps not from an archery riser perpective, but 7000 series aluminium is way better for high strength applications - like arrows and aeroplanes. It isn’t great for everything though; it isn’t used on bikes because it’s next to impossible to weld whereas 6061 is fairly easy to work with.

archeryal

Nu sensei has posted more videos on Youtube, and Shore Shot archery has a complete tear-down video and comments. I shudder to see the price to the consumer. It's an interesting strategy to send samples out to youtubers and probably some other prominent shooters to get publicity.

Whitehart

2 Year Co-Developed with the CHINA National Archery Team, Creating a Professional Riser for World Top Archers.
5-Axis CNC Machined with High Quality 7075-T651 Aluminum.
Designed with Sophisticated Mechanical Analysis, Randering Extreme Torsional Stability, High Rigidity, and Super Low Vibration.
Both Sides Detachable Washered Limb Alignment System can be Adjusted while the Bow is Strung.
CNC Machined Lotus Carving Expansion Tiller Bolts.
Standard ILF Fittings
Length: 25"
Weight: 1297g / 2.86 lbs
Right Hand Only for now.
Designed and Made with Pride in China.

Looks good sounds good

Mrrp is 800 Euro's but I am sure it will be well below that when available.

The issue will be who will be brave enough to stock it so you can try it - not just available online 3-5 days delivery - when it has been so heavily discounted.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
It'd have to be heavily discounted. You could have a quality UK made riser for that.

robert43

It'd have to be heavily discounted. You could have a quality UK made riser for that.
Same here in Oz its only about $100 less than top Hoyt / Win Win etc why would you bother. Like a lot of new companies could be here today gone tomorrow ( not saying that they will but could happen)

Mistake

Ironman
Nu sensei has posted more videos on Youtube, and Shore Shot archery has a complete tear-down video and comments. I shudder to see the price to the consumer. It's an interesting strategy to send samples out to youtubers and probably some other prominent shooters to get publicity.
It's actually quite a smart way of doing things as there can be issues with enthusiast press (ok, and the press in general) being somewhat less than ethical (and I'm not talking about any particular press outlet or area here, just speaking from general experience) when it comes to what/ who/ how they cover something.

A number of gaming companies are doing this with YouTube/ Twitch streamers because that's getting more eyes on than most gaming press websites, so it would be logical that other people might try a similar model, because lets be honest everyone here knows that the various archery magazines are all going to cover the latest offering by Hoyt/ Win and Win/ Matthews/ Bowtech/ PSE even if it's just adding new colours to their range but other companies that might build just as good a product aren't going to get the same kind of coverage due to their (lack of) size