Cheshire County Field Championships 10/11th October 2015

Alison

Only a couple of weeks to go to Cheshire County Bowmen's Open Field Shoot, incorporating the Cheshire Field Championships. Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th October 2015 at Stable Lane, Mouldsworth, Cheshire. FITA 24, marked and unmarked.

This is my first field competition, but I'm having a go and my other half is making the bacon and sausage butties!

Flying Whale

It will be my first WorldArchery field shoot too. Done a little bit of EFAA. So first unmarked round for me.... gulp.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
It's supposed to be a good course, though I've never been able to make it

Flying Whale

I am also struggling to find the distance ranges for the various target sizes in the "current" regulations.

The PDF I got from World archery (http://rulebook.worldarchery.org/PDF/Official/2015-04-01/EN-Book4.pdf) does not seem to have the distance range for each face type.

The Archery GB green book has a section on Field archer (updated March 2012). It has specs for the target faces 506.a.(ii), but it doesn't state what distances they may be at. Interestingly the GNAS field page has a link to the "Rules and classifications", but these are for the 2002 version and do have distances, so I guess for now that is what I will work off.

20cm: 10-15
40cm: 15-25
60cm: 20-35
80cm: 35-55

Hope those are right.

That is an interesting point. If the current WA document does not have a table of the target distances, what are you allowed to take?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
They are in the rules... but in Book 2 (I think).

There was a really useful manual about field on the old WA website, this is a link to a pdf copy of it, but has useful tips about range estimating, as well as all the distances.

Flying Whale

Nice to see that World Archery can be as illogical as Archery GB when it comes to creating documents and rules, and avoding having efficient ways of finding that information.... In the present information age it really boggles the mind.

Thanks Bimble.

Alison

I had a brilliant time at the weekend. Particular thanks to my target companions for making it such an enjoyable experience. The weather was perfect and the course was great. Those shots across the lake were a bit daunting but at least none of mine went in the water! Lost 2 arrows at one target (in thistles, brambles and nettles!) but fortunately they were found.

I shot 124 on both unmarked and marked rounds and came away with a silver medal for the ladies barebow Open, and gold and a trophy for the ladies barebow Cheshire Championships. So I am well chuffed!