Chest Guards

kennyp

Does anyone know where (or even if) I can buy a chest guard for my 9yr old daughter?.
She has been watching the recent World Championships in Paris with me and went crazy when she saw the Korean females wearing their 'cute' Hello Kitty and other girly type guards (usually in pink).
I have trawled the interweb including various Korean sports suppliers for them and so far have drawn a blank. Anyone have any knowledge of these hopefully not custom made chest guards?.

Over to you guys, you haven't let me down in the past!

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I think they actually may very well be custom made as in pimped up by the archers as I recall reading on a board some years back how they did it. There may be a solution though as quite popular type of chest guard that keep clothes out of the way is simply a triangle of stretch material afixed round the body, if you get get some jersey type material with the requisite design on it you could quite easily make one or even cut one in the shape of a normal chest guard. I've seen quite a few used by juniors.

Mark31121

Ironman
pm sent with a link to someone who might be able to help, not a sponsor though so I didn't post it on here.

kennyp

I think they actually may very well be custom made as in pimped up by the archers as I recall reading on a board some years back how they did it. There may be a solution though as quite popular type of chest guard that keep clothes out of the way is simply a triangle of stretch material afixed round the body, if you get get some jersey type material with the requisite design on it you could quite easily make one or even cut one in the shape of a normal chest guard. I've seen quite a few used by juniors.
Thats what I was thinking they all looked unique. Will have to brush up on my needlework though if no other way of getting one (just to be clear,I haven't actually got any needlework skills,still how hard can it be if women can do it!)

OUCH! OUCH! (Wives have no sense of humour)

ThomVis

Read somewhere they took a standard chest guards and stitched a plastic place mat with hello kitty print over it.

kennyp

I've managed to find pictures of the Korean Lady with the chest guard my daughter was after and have found a picture of this Hello Kitty Archer thing (This is driving me bonkers) so will try the supplier mentioned (or not mentioned to comply with site policy) to see if they can come up with something that combines both designs. Many Thanks anyway for the help guys.