[Horsebow] Chinese horsebows

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Ok DavidH since its your fault I bought one, I'll let you answer the questions:

1) Bracing height, what is it ment to be?
2) Did you find out which way up it went, numbers and symbol on the top or on the bottom?

DavidH

Ok DavidH since its your fault I bought one, I'll let you answer the questions:

1) Bracing height, what is it ment to be?
2) Did you find out which way up it went, numbers and symbol on the top or on the bottom?
The string determines the brace height - I just put it on and hope for the best;) Maybe pop a few twists in

I was told it didn't matter which way up. As far as the string is concerned, see where the serving comes on the bow in relation to the grip, I think I have the markings at the top, to be honest its not been out since Christmas!

String will seem incredibly short but it will have been designed for the bow. I was convinced that they'd sent a short one, until I finally managed to string it up - good luck and don't blame me:)

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Oh I've strung it, using both the assisted stringing and the step through method. Bit of a struggle to do it alone but can do it. The string had fallen off in teh bag so I wasn't sure which way up it was ment to be in accordance to the bow.
The symbol at the top seems right, just with the writing with the symbol made me think it should be at the bottom (like on recurves).
The centre serving does favour one side, just which side was the question.

One thing I did notice was that the strands of the string were quite thick compared to other string materials Dacron, Fast flight.

DavidH

There's a slight imperfection the serving on mine which tells me which way up to put the string. The string material is a bit strange, is yours black? No way could I string mine on my own - but that's probably because they should have put me out to pasture years ago:)

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Ah looked on the sellers pictures, symbol goes at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah black string material, is the imperfection the top few mm being slightly thicker than the rest of the serving?

m1tch

Can I have a link to one of these bows, is it from seller "SuperMakert2012" I am tempted by some of those snakeskin sorts, look quite good and might be a cool introduction to a different bow. I will be getting an english longbow and a Yumi but would be nice to shoot a horsebow as well, should I just go with one? Looks like they are about ?60 delivered but might go with one that comes with some arrows as well to get me started. Might try and find one with horn nocks rather than just bare wood, would be happy to pay a bit extra if it lasts a bit longer.