[OTHER] Choice of two bows ... Osprey or Cobra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMuppet

Looking to buy another traditional bow for a bit of fun and I think I've narrowed it down to two ....

So ... KG Osprey or Timber Creek Cobra. Both roughly the same price and recurve. I shot an Osprey a few weeks ago and thought it was very nice indeed, but I've not seen much on the Cobra apart from the 4 reviews on the shop's site.

Opinions if anyone has either one please. :D

Green Beetle

Just bought an Osprey from KG Archery. I'm lucky living not too far away from their shop and Keith and Christine spent time helping me decide. Keith has an excellent reputation as a bowyer and the Osprey not only looks beautiful but 'feels' good in the hand. I'd recommend it but, to be fair, I haven't tried the Cobra. Reviews of the Osprey on this forum are positive and, well, I also wanted to support a local bowyer.

bobnewboy

When I'm not shooting NFAS Primitive class, i love my Osprey. I hear that there is now a carbon limbed model, so performance should be even better. Try to shoot both if you can, but the Osprey gets my vote.

DarkMuppet

Cheers! :)

I had the good fortune to pass by KG Archery a couple of weeks ago and had a go on the Osprey. Only shot 10 arrows but thought it was really nice. Seems like I'll be passing up the M1 again next week so there's a good chance I can call into Merlin too. Fingers crossed they have the specs I want. :)

DarkMuppet

I did manage to call into Merlin the other week and tried the Cobra.. Nice bow to shoot, very smooth and no hand shock, only problem was after about 6 arrows the lacquer started flaking and bubbling off the limbs. :( Apparently they've had a few of the first batch doing this.
Still liking the idea of one but little wary now. Might have to pay another trip to KG to try the Osprey again... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.