Clicker Commandments

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Thou shall not come to full draw, spend the next 30 seconds fighting to get through the clicker shaking like a washing machine on spin cycle with but the one thought of "CLICK YOU STUPID B'ST'RD" ... and not come down. For if thou does not come down ... ones shot shall score but a single point if thou ist lucky!

urbin

Thalt shalt not draw, and draw, and wait, and wait for the click in vain, for thou hast no arrow in thy bow.

:ashamed:

J

josh 77

Thou shalt not forgetteth to maintain a strong and steady bow arm throughout one's shot to ensure thy clicker clicks on time.
Thou shalt keep clicker threads alive for as long as humanely possible.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Thou shall smile knowingly when a newly enclickered noob announces how easy clickers are to shoot with ... and grin massively after 20mins when yon noob starts swearing at his clicker due to fatigue maketh him lazy in the draw.

Kamen

Hold on, hold on, hold on.......

I'm a newb to archery, been through my beginners course, and just ordered my gear......less a clicker.

Is a clicker all that?! I maen, I've been taught to get the string on, and hand to rest on certain points, these will be remembered, hit all these points and every shot should release the same.

Why the need for a clicker? Just asking. And if there is another thread that explains this, please link me to it.

Many thanks

Martin Heelis

Ironman
Hold on, hold on, hold on.......

I'm a newb to archery, been through my beginners course, and just ordered my gear......less a clicker.

Is a clicker all that?! I maen, I've been taught to get the string on, and hand to rest on certain points, these will be remembered, hit all these points and every shot should release the same.

Why the need for a clicker? Just asking. And if there is another thread that explains this, please link me to it.

Many thanks
Thou shalt not question the need for a clicker lest foul beings appear and say CLICK while thy are at full draw.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
and loe it did come to pass that noobs did question the lore of the clicker ... and sorely vexed were they when they varied both high and low upon the face yet knew not why for a clicker thay had spurned. Here endeth the mocking.

Kamen

and loe it did come to pass that noobs did question the lore of the clicker ... and sorely vexed were they when they varied both high and low upon the face yet knew not why for a clicker thay had spurned. Here endeth the mocking.
No mocking please, RB.

Please tell, show, and expain the way of the clicker, for I have no knowledge. To learn, I need the answers, for only when the questions have been answered, will I want to become one of the many.

Martin Heelis

Ironman
No mocking please, RB.

Please tell, show, and expain the way of the clicker, for I have no knowledge. To learn, I need the answers, for only when the questions have been answered, will I want to become one of the many.
Erm, this thread is for mocking etc. You're better off posting in the recurve section.

MSR

AIUK Saviour
Verily, for there were some among the noobs who had no hole for a clicker, nor any place upon their beginner's bow from which a clicker might depend and lo, they felt ashamed and inadequate and envious of their fellow archers' shiny accessories.

Yet mock did they at the end of the day when upon the field lay many orphaned fletchings, and scorn did they as their elders (and betters?) did fall into slavery to their clicker, shooting not without one and shooting not until it bade them do so. And this state of bondage to an inanimate thing did adulterate their shot routine and nullify their higher faculties so that, in truth, philosophers did opine that twere not the archer what shot the arrow, but the clicker!

Amen

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I just love that. Brilliant.
It's not a commandment,though and will have to be ignored. Read, savoured, admired... then ignored. Shame really. But that's life; clicker users RULE OK?

chris h

One clicker to rule them all
One clicker to guide them,
One clicker to bring them all,
and in the gold, combine them.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
But ye Clicker may only serve one master or mistress. Forsooth it shall not be used by yon recurver dexter as ye signal to let fly, or vouchsafed by yon compounder sinister as ye moment to yank ye trigger like tomorrow there no is.

Howi

I'm a compound archer, i just LOVE being next to a recurve archer on the line, watch for his arrow to start to come through the clicker, then cock my release aid - loud click from release aid - archer thinks his clicker has gone - say no more!, oh! the joys............

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
So, Not so much a clicker commandment, but a compound commandment along the lines of a "must do" activity.Some of the new magnetic release aids are designed to sound like clickers apparently.Terrible really!

Howi

So, Not so much a clicker commandment, but a compound commandment along the lines of a "must do" activity.Some of the new magnetic release aids are designed to sound like clickers apparently.Terrible really!
Absolutely! archery can be very boring at times............:duck:
some more clicker law:-
Thy shall only get a clicker once thy coach has said thee can.
Ignore thy coach and get one, tis thy bow after all!!!!!
korean archers are born with clickers on their bows, but they all shoot c**p don't they??????
watch replays of the Olympic archery and pay attention to the clicker and reject all advice contrary to what thee have just watched.
Thy should not get thy panteloons in a twist, it is only a bit of springy metal.
Thy can get a device for removing fletchings or thy can get a clicker (hint - clicker is cheaper...)
If thee practice enough - everything should just click.