Club Colours

tel

Fonz Awardee
compared to 'archery' suppliers I do have a relatively local ARCO - one that I have to pass within a few hundred yards of on an almost daily basis. Compared to a purpose arranged trip to the nearest archery shop - an hour in either direction - no contest! ;)

.jpg

I have to go to a GNAS reg. shoot in a few weeks. We have club colours registered as yellow and blue-

1. What is the minimum number of people who have to be from your club wearing the colours? Only me and one other guy have the actual club shirts...

2. I have blue jeans. Reckon I can get away with that and the primarily yellow club shirt?

Thought on GNAS clothing- I hate it. Club colours okay, because it gives you a sense of belonging. Green and white are awful and are too much extra fuss- we have identity as archers because we're holding bows, so we don't need green and white nonsense. We should be here to shoot, not dress up; if GNAS members feel like dressing up they can go to a country club in green and white AFTER the shoot :p

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
.jpg - 18/10/2005 4:39 PM 2. I have blue jeans. Reckon I can get away with that and the primarily yellow club shirt?
</p>

AFAIK you still have to wear the regulation Green/White pants - it's just the top than can be a club colour :(</p>

Furface

Supporter
.jpg - 18/10/2005 5:39 PM
1. What is the minimum number of people who have to be from your club wearing the colours? Only me and one other guy have the actual club shirts...
:p
There is no minimum requirement - even if all the other members of the club turn up in Green/White you can still shoot in your club shirt
2. I have blue jeans. Reckon I can get away with that and the primarily yellow club shirt?
:p
Dave is quite right. Trousers must be Green or White.
Thought on GNAS clothing- I hate it. Club colours okay, because it gives you a sense of belonging. Green and white are awful and are too much extra fuss- we have identity as archers because we're holding bows, so we don't need green and white nonsense. We should be here to shoot, not dress up; if GNAS members feel like dressing up they can go to a country club in green and white AFTER the shoot :p
Everyone is welcome to their thoughts. But where's the extra fuss? And can you name any other sport where they don't dress up at formal competitions? You still see a clear majority of Green/White at tournaments, so they can't be that unpopular. I suspect the germ of your dislike is hinted at in the use of "country club" ;) And, of course, if you don't like the rules, you can always work for them to be changed - or just not go to tournaments ;)

Small Monkey

.jpg - 18/10/2005 4:39 PM
You have to wear the club registered shirt, so if it's blue and yelklow, you have to wear not only a blue and yellow shirt, but a shirt that's in the pattern registered on the club colours register. (Did that make sense?) If you're not sure, you'd be best off talking to the club secretary.

Blackarrow

I'm afraid I'm a club colours sort of guy. Antyhing to get away from the green and white! How many sports apart from cricket enforce such archaic rules? If anything it puts new archers off when they are told by the judges they are wearing the wrong sort of green or their trousers are off white and if they do it again they will not be allowed to shoot.

Green and white does look smart, but if the choice was more archers on the field or less more smartly dressed archers it's no contest as far as I'm concerned.

BTW You can be the only one who turns up to a shoot from your club wearing club colours, as log as they are the registered colours it's not a problem.

:::Slips feet out of stirrups and climbs off his high horse ;):::

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
In spite of club colours being allowed most archers still wear white or green. Red stuck out like a sore thumb this week at Thirsk...:hlipsrsea

Pete

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
No Furface - that was the colour of MM's face when he realised I was beating him.... he wore me down though and beat me by 7 points in the end!!
It was nothing but bullying if you ask me.... and him a grown man too... lol

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Little Miss Purple said:
It was nothing but bullying if you ask me.... and him a grown man too... lol
AIUK seemed to be having their own little competition within a competition here...MM's face was a picture...

Pete

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
I might also add that LMP developed a devious tactic of throwing her purple fletchings into the path of other archers at full draw...:hlaugh:

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Pete_T said:
I might also add that LMP developed a devious tactic of throwing her purple fletchings into the path of other archers at full draw...:hlaugh:
Yeah, there I was at anchor, just drawing through the clicker, when a purple mouse came skittering into my periperal vision.

Mmmm.... thought I, who can that belong to.:hrolleyes

Luckily I managed to let down, otherwise there may have been one very bent ACC at the back of the netting.

And she was beating me at that point.:hangry:

Justice will prevail.:htongue:

Mick