Club membership and subs Software

Just tinkering online (as you do) looking for some software that would do to keep club membership records with.
This is not shooting records, but actual club member records. ie Name, address, tel, emergancy contact, etc.
Also to keep an eye on subs payments/shooting fees and weekly attendance records.

There are LOTs of different clubs out there (not just archery) so there must be something thats cheep/free that do this as its standard stuff. Same details that a Judo club, swimming club, etc would have.

I bet most just run an excel sheet, but i just wondered what you use or would/would not recommend?

Thanks Sparky,

Thats a new one on me. very interesting. For me storing details online i would be fine, but i think others would not be so confident. Looks good though.

I do recon that most clubs run a simple spreadsheet and work from that. I might have a go with creating a Microsoft Office Access file to do all this, but as Office no longer comes with Access as standard anymore it would be of no use to pass on to the next 'keeper' or indeed put it out to the world as shareware.

Wasn't just thinking of myself as there could well be other clubs looking for the same type of thing.

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with a pen and paper, just thought i'd look for something a bit flash!

joetapley

Thanks Sparky,

Thats a new one on me. very interesting. For me storing details online i would be fine, but i think others would not be so confident. Looks good though.

I do recon that most clubs run a simple spreadsheet and work from that. I might have a go with creating a Microsoft Office Access file to do all this, but as Office no longer comes with Access as standard anymore it would be of no use to pass on to the next 'keeper' or indeed put it out to the world as shareware.

Wasn't just thinking of myself as there could well be other clubs looking for the same type of thing.

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with a pen and paper, just thought i'd look for something a bit flash!
OpenOffice (Apache) is a suggestion - free and in many ways superior to the Microsoft version. Apache OpenOffice - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Strandline

Agree with Joe, OpenOffice is a good tool and is capable of opening MS Access databases. There is on online guide for linking them, and it only needs to be done once. Microsoft also have a membership database template freely available so you could link the two. That way you store the data rather than having it online (not that I see that as an issue if you are careful but as you say, some others in the club may not like it) .