Convert Jazz arrows to accept G-Nocks

fbirder

I have some old Jazz arrows that I want to use for our field course in the woods (cheaper to lose than ACGs). They currently have the old taper nocks, which are a pain.

I've heard that I can cut the ends of the arrows, removing the taper, and insert bushings to accept G-Nocks. The arrows are 1916 spine.

What bushings would work?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I would guess that all 1916 arrows are the same dimensions as that is what 19 and 16 stand for. So inserts for 1916 X7's should fit.
EDIT. just looked on Quicks website and can't find 1916 fittings!!!
Perris seems to have them.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Some aluminium arrows with taper nock fittings have a secondary taper to reduce the shaft size to a standard nock width so you need to be careful of that. Having said that, I don't know if 1916s do.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Also, it's not what you asked, but I'm going to give the answer anyway; you'll lose far less arrows and score much better with a set of arrows whose spine and weight are correct and you are used to.

Sell the Jazz arrows and use the money to finance a few more carbons.

It's what my field coach told me on my first session and he was right.

fbirder

Re: Selling the Jazz and buying carbons.

i doubt I would get much for a second-hand set of a dozen Jazz arrows, so there would be a fairly significant cost to replace them with carbons. Especially as I'll be using them to shoot barebow instinctive in the woods - so they are quite likely to get lost. I'd rather lose half a dozen of the Jazz arrows while I improve enough to use some of my more expensive arrows that I use for target shooting.

fbirder

I would guess that all 1916 arrows are the same dimensions as that is what 19 and 16 stand for. So inserts for 1916 X7's should fit.
EDIT. just looked on Quicks website and can't find 1916 fittings!!!
Perris seems to have them.
Thanks, found them from The Archery Shop.