decut zx229 plunger

RogueFletching

Can any one give a long-term review on this plunger. I having a hard decision between this button and a Shibuya DX. I know the DX has a long standing reputation but I like to micro click option (and look )of the decut. The Beiter seems a bit too much to spend on a plunger at the moment.

Badgers Dad

Hi, I've have a decut that I use for Ali arrows and have owned it for the past year, it's ok, does what it says on the tin. But is not particularly smooth. The micro click is mostly redundant as once tuned it just gets in the way most of the time as you can't tighten it. I much prefer the DX which I have 3 of. BD

Aleatorian

A clubmate of mine had the decut, and just couldn't get on with it, whatever he tried just couldn't get it to tune with his arrows. Aftering going back to his old cartel super button everything went back to normal. He has since gutted the Decut and modified it with neodymium magnets which work for better now than it ever did with the spring installed.
Personally, I prefer my Shibuya DX, once it's set it doesn't need changing, I think of those clicky adjustments that you can never tighten up as something that can be knocked and changed easily as well as being a fiddler's delight.

The DX button is great, but watch out if you try and match it with a Dcut magnetic rest. The button tip fits through, but if you need to extend it out a bit more for skinnier shafts it will catch the sides of the hole in the rest and start to push it off the bow.