Del the Cat

I'll put this in this forum as it seems the most relevant!

Took a trip down to see Del yesterday for a chat and a bit of a play with some bows, I know a lot of people follow his blog on here but it bears saying that first hand you really make some absolutely gorgeous bows Del..
I play a bit more with laminates than self bows, mostly through fear of the unknown in a way, a couple hours spent chatting to Del has cleared up an awful lot of problems I could foresee and many more I hadn't even considered yet.

All in all, Del you make some fabulous bows and it was great chatting to you! Thank you very much!

D

Deleted member 7654

Thanks Kieran, it was a pleasure meeting you and your Dad. You've got an honourable mention on blog too :)
It's always good meeting other bowyers, as we are all still learning... and I'm intrigued by that 'boo backing on your bow that was flat/concave... very cool.
Cheers
Del

bearded bowyer

I think we have all benefitted from Del's experience and generosity with sharing his knowledge. Just remember to do the same to all the budding bowyers you will meet along your own journey.
Del, I still have all that hickory I put aside for you. hopefully drop it of in the next month.....ish

D

Deleted member 7654

I think we have all benefitted from Del's experience and generosity with sharing his knowledge. Just remember to do the same to all the budding bowyers you will meet along your own journey.
Del, I still have all that hickory I put aside for you. hopefully drop it of in the next month.....ish
Cheers Matt.
Yeah, it's all about passing it on...
Del