Del's latest Hazel bow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7654
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7654

I built this left handed bow for a guy at the club. Tillering nods towards Holmgaard stlye, minimalist nock overlays and an arrow plate of WaterBufflo horn, leather grip. There's some natural recurve in the upper limb.
36 lb @28.

Here's a scruffy pic (taken on my phone) of it on the shooting line with it's twin from the 'bad' side of the stave (being shot by my Daughter), you can just about see the contrast in the tiller, the near bow being much more circular.

Del

barney

Nice bow.

I'd like to give something like this a go. There's loads of Hazel around my way. What diameter branch did you use?

Barney

allanm

Del made this bow for me and I picked it up yesterday. It is a very nice piece of work. Can't wait to use it tonight at the club.

D

Deleted member 7654

Nice bow.

I'd like to give something like this a go. There's loads of Hazel around my way. What diameter branch did you use?

Barney
It was 3 1/2" by the time I'd de-barked it... (I've just measured a bit of remaining offcut :)
I don't think you'd want it any smaller than that really...
Del

D

Deleted member 7654

Del made this bow for me and I picked it up yesterday. It is a very nice piece of work. Can't wait to use it tonight at the club.
Let us now how she goes now it's all finished :), and enjoy your hol'
Del