Dilemma Choosing First Bow

HongKongPhooey

Supporter
Supporter
On the single malt front dalwhinnie 15 is very nice for a reasonable price.
In other news just back at the hotel from a visit to Portsmouth historic docks and apart from a bloody good day had wandering everywhere else too, I did get the 70ish lb bow back to my shell like in the MR museum although may have been a little easier if it wasn?t attached to the wall so it does tend to use more arms and shoulders rather than utilising the back muscles more or at least that?s how it felt to me

HongKongPhooey

Supporter
Supporter
Well 2 weeks of three done and loving it, definitely going to carry on with archery and have now decided the first bow will be a recurve to eventually build up to an elb but I think I?ll carry on with recurve alongside.
Only shot out to 15 yards so far but getting good groupings even with barebow (well most of the time), a big thanks to NAC for a friendly welcoming atmosphere and excellent coaching and as soon as the course is done my application will be forthcoming.
Thanks to all for the advice and opinions, you never know I may even meet a few of you in the future
Matt

Corax67

Glad you are enjoying it Matt - build up steadily, don’t worry if it all goes a bit fruit shaped (because it will at some point), ask loads of questions both here and at club and above all have fun.

Karl

HongKongPhooey

Supporter
Supporter
Glad you are enjoying it Matt - build up steadily, don’t worry if it all goes a bit fruit shaped (because it will at some point), ask loads of questions both here and at club and above all have fun.

Karl
thanks Karl, the questions will really start when I get into arrow and string making I think

Corax67

That’s the easy bit - make or buy a jig and strings will appear in no time, recurve arrows only really need a fletching jig & wooden arrows a taper tool too (or crayon sharpener).

Karl