DIY Boss Stand

kennyp

I am looking to set up a foam boss for practice at home and am thinking about building my own stand (either tripod version or 'H' Frame). Does anyone have any specs that they could let me have to work from ? (The boss will be a 130cm foam one so the stand needs to be fairly substantial). Once I have the spec I can decide whether it is cheaper to build or buy one.

Many thanks
KennyP

Magpie56

Stands

Hi
I made ones for the club, 3x2 cost. H stands easy to make and one person can put up.
David

I am looking to set up a foam boss for practice at home and am thinking about building my own stand (either tripod version or 'H' Frame). Does anyone have any specs that they could let me have to work from ? (The boss will be a 130cm foam one so the stand needs to be fairly substantial). Once I have the spec I can decide whether it is cheaper to build or buy one.

Many thanks
KennyP

Bald Eagle

You only need 3 pieces of wood, 6 feet long. Screw 1 piece either side of the boss to the top and bottom wood frame and the last piece to an old hinge and then screw the hinge to the rear centre top of the boss frame. Cut the 2 front legs to the correct length to give a centre of 51" and the rear leg for 15 degree lean and it's done! Store it upside down.

kennyp

Thanks Archerybrian that was exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks also to the others for your help. lLittle Miss Purple, how big must your bedroom be to have a boss nailed to your chest of drawers???:wide-eyed

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Thanks Archerybrian that was exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks also to the others for your help. lLittle Miss Purple, how big must your bedroom be to have a boss nailed to your chest of drawers???:wide-eyed
Big enough for indoor practice! Lol

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
There is on my Facebook! Lol.. I have about 6 metres indoors, now from bathroom into bedroom.. I lost a couple of metres as I moved my boss from the cupboard where it was in front of a window! (See fonz)

efbe

I made this with odds&sods from the garage, unfortunately I don't have a pic of it all, but you can get the idea from this:

a basic small a-frame, bolted to a long bit of wood using a hinge, with a thick piece of wood half way up to hold the target on, and a coat-hook at the top to hold the target on from the top. Works well, and sturdy and tough enough to leave outside permanently!