Doinker Long Rod

Medoc

Ironman
I am considering giving a Doinker rod a try, however if anyone has any experience of these I would be grateful for the input.

As with all things archery related there is a tendency to get too Teccy, which I dont want to do, I am currently shooting a 40" Beiter and although its Ok it feels cumbersome.

Comments welcome.

wingate_52

Carbon Graphite Elite

I used to use a Cartel Balkan 29" Beiter copy, it came with cracks in the dampers and was ok until i tried a Win&Win carbon and a Doinker from other club members. When it feels right and your groupings gather closer together it is not psychological but fact.

I bought a Carbon Elite Graphite Stabilizer, it is fitted with the Doinker Suppression Mount and a 1" Doinker and end weights in 31 1/2" length. Removed the suppression mount from the longrod (with heat)and used it as my extension bar, replacing a 3" Cartel carbon one that had once come apart in use, the whole front end flying off ( I will not buy any Cartel products in future) I only use 2 of the removable weights, on the end and have fitted via an alloy bush, the rubber enchancer from the Balkan to act as a non slip foot to the assembly.

Replaced the v-bars and it is great, in use and in looks!

Expensive but it works well for me, I went from nothing to 1st class in 3 months outdoors, and I am progressing through the grades indoors.

Last edited:

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
in their own words
WHAT IS A "DOINKER"?
A Doinker is an elastomer mount that is fixed to the distal end of your stabilizer,
and upon the bow's vibration to the shot moves in a uni-directional motion to
absorb the bow's energy.
that'd be a rubber thing that sits between long rod and weights then...

An American company who seem to market their eggshaped things as if they were explosives - aimed at the gun crazy US Market ( I might get away with saying that as I'm married to one :) )

They have recently taken the logical step forward of bringing to market a logrod complete with one of their doinkers.....
WHAT ARE THE STABILIZERS MADE OF?
The long stabilizers, V-Bars and the 3D Carbon Stabilizer use uni-directional carbon fibers with a carbon weave top coat.
Our 4 Inch Shorty Hunter and 7 Inch Hunter stabilizers use steel inserts and use injected molded ABS glass filled outer shell for looks as well as durability.
The weights have a 5/16x24 hole at the distal end so additional stack weights may be added.
These units use the standard 3/4" Doinker.

The 5" Armored Hunter is totally encapsulated in elastomer and uses the same Doinker Technology as the rest of our line.
This stabilizer has a 5/16x24 hole tapped at the weighted end so additional stack weights may be added.

All caps and accessories are made from 6061 T-6 Aluminum and are anodized.
A carbon longrod - available in 5 colours, none of them purple..

Silver Sparkle
Cobalt Blue
Ruby Red
Carbon Grid
Midnight Thunder

http://www.doinker.com

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I use a Doinker D2 Carbon Elite longrod on my indoor and field setup.

Plenty of mass in the right place and absorbs all the shock & vibration.

Mick

Max

Hi Medoc! - I bought a D2 for my Hoyt Magnatec and the difference in shock between the D2 and the Beiter was significant. I will bring it along on Friday for you to try - of course, we will need to wear our cape and mask oufits so we don't recognise each other!

Medoc

Ironman
LOL at Max, at least I chose a suitable alter ego for the forum and NOT MY NAME! Cheers see you tomorrow.

Marcus26

Excellent well made products. I use a Doinker A-Bomb Back weight on my bow and it does an excellent job. I don't use their front and side rods as I adore my Vibracheck gear, but if I wasn't shooting Vibracheck I would shoot the Doinker stuff.

It's not Technie stuff, it's a stabilizer.

Medoc

Ironman
Thanks for the input, I will be trying a rod this week and will let you know how it goes.

Medoc

Ironman
Thanks to Max who is letting me try the Doinker rod, I shot with it on Friday for the first time and it seemed to react well with the bow and my style of shooting, the bow seemed quieter than with my Beiter on it and I liked the fact that it wasnt as long as the beiter, so didnt have a massive fall away after the shot.

Surprizingly I shot a pb 574 FITA18 so I am going to try it again and see if I can get along with it some more, as Max said on the night there only ?84 each (mmmm now how can I explain to Mrs Medoc how important my need is?)

Max

No problem mate! It's only money after all - and pain of course!. Money and pain in layers like a sandwich. Never spent so much money on a hobby before and ended up in anger management classes "tell me again Mr Max - you do this archery thing for fun do you?". Maybe I should practice more? Nah! More gadgets....

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Started with a cartel long rod with built in doinker, dumped it straight away (and I have only been shooting a matter of weeks), it does a great job of damping vibration but a really poor one of stabilising the bow during the release, the bow kicked up on firing and the weights just stay where they are, the doinker was effectively isolating the weights and allowing the setup to kick back, someone had a beiter which I tried and purchased second hand the difference was immediately noticeable.

timppa

I tried 34" Doinker A-Bomb Elite in my Apex. It was too heavy for that bow, so I am shooting with Beiter.
My father is shooting with 31" A-Bomb Elite, his bow is Hoyt Proelite. It works very well.
Doinker is very good stab, if I was shooting Hoyt I would have Doinker.

doubletop

have shot with a beiter rod and was very impressed with the dampening effect it was borrowed and they wanted it back so at mo am still without a long rod howver did take a look at the apollo stabilisers and at half price of beiters with very similar looks aand weights may be persuaded though i do like the merlin as well so may have to wait a while as the merlin is a good piece more expensive

L

Li'l Boy Blue

I had always shot Beiter since they first came out. loved the fact that it slowed the movement down but always found when it did start moving, the bugger wouldn't stop.
Tried the Doinker rod and it was nice but bloody hell are they expensive, so I found a cheaper option, just as effective:

Sebastien Flute 30" rod with RV damper
Cartel Off set compound V bar thingy
Cartel fomax damper stabiliser as a side weight.

Job done! Holds steady, feels good after the shot, side weight helps to level the bubble at full draw and cost me about ?60 in total!!!

?30 change from a Doinker to go and celebrate my saving :)

whisky

Supporter
Supporter
Bowsports told me today that they are having trouble getting Doinker stuff in. Their January order came in yesterday.

If you want a long rod from them I'd act quick as they reckon they'll fly out the door?? (in a steady dampened way of course)

Judge

I know I shoot recurve but I have just purchased a Beiter Centraliser long rod and teamed it up with a hard A Bomb Doinker and end weight. I tried one at our DCAS Squad training session at the suggestion of our CCO, Jan Martin, and found it really settled the bow down and made the shooting much smoother. The bow is now a lot heavier though, but it's not noticeable at full draw, only when trying to adjust sights or fit an arrow to the string. I don't know about the Doinker rod, but a couple of our Squad guys tried comparing the two, and they say if you are in the market for a new stabiliser then the Doinker is worth a look, but they still preferred the Beiter.

Judge