[Horsebow] Draw length

D

Deleted member 7654

Yeah. I thought that after. The construction is more or less the same as modern recurve limbs.

I'm getting there though. Already replaced the stock brass nocking points with serving material. Just that last little bit of courage required....:D
You can always overdraw it until it explodes and then go back a tad ;)
Del

chuffalump

I shoot mine totally naked (the bow that is... calm down!) no grip, no tape, I did have an arrow pass on, mainly to assist me in placing my hand. But now I'm more accustomed to the bow I can just 'feel' the correct position in my hand.

They do shoot VERY flat yes - one of the reasons I love it! If you're getting hand shock, it could be that the arrows aren't quite heavy enough? Also - you don't need to grip it tight, just tight enough to keep hold of it. I think for me it's easier because that's the way I ride my motorcycle - I'm accustomed to holding something without 'gripping' it (if that makes any sense!). On a bike that can translate to over-sensitivity on steering movements, and tired muscles over time. I think it's a bit like fencing - they say to grip the sword 'like a small bird in your hand - with control, but not a crushing grip'. archery/fencing/biking ... all very similar. ;)
The arrow pass was more to stop the side of the grip getting marked but it'll take a while before I'm used to the different hand position. And the slight cant.

Still, the last shot I took before getting out the recurve was almost automatic. Aiming without aiming. Wonder how long it'll be before I get that feeling again. 😀

Riceburner

The arrow pass was more to stop the side of the grip getting marked but it'll take a while before I'm used to the different hand position. And the slight cant.

Still, the last shot I took before getting out the recurve was almost automatic. Aiming without aiming. Wonder how long it'll be before I get that feeling again. ��
just don't start any arguments over 'instinctive' shooting...... ;)