Dropped my bow, plain and simple.

geoffk

For the first shot of the night, I forgot to put my wrist strap on.....

Yep, the arrow left the bow, and the bow left my hand with supprising speed, and it was bouncing down the hard floor... (indoors last night due to rain)

Bent the bieter long rod, was straightened by undoing the screws and re-tighteneing.
Bent the sight bar, I have to work a bit more on that tonight...

Been shooting for slightly less than a year, I guess it happens to everyone at some point!!!
Good thing is, at least I know im not holding or grabbing the bow ;)

hollowpoint

For the first shot of the night, I forgot to put my wrist strap on.....

Yep, the arrow left the bow, and the bow left my hand with supprising speed, and it was bouncing down the hard floor... (indoors last night due to rain)

Bent the bieter long rod, was straightened by undoing the screws and re-tighteneing.
Bent the sight bar, I have to work a bit more on that tonight...

Been shooting for slightly less than a year, I guess it happens to everyone at some point!!!
Good thing is, at least I know im not holding or grabbing the bow ;)
I can feel your pain! I'd dropped mine twice few months back because of a "loose" finger sling. (I was wearing a golfer glove.)
Bent the thread of the Beiter Adapter! Not just that, the tip of my bottom G3 limb was scratched as well!

bundy

I've done this too. It was my first field shoot and we'd just finished lunch. Being a muppet I completely forgot to put my finger sling on and the bow promptly bounced away from me towards the target. :duh:

Still at least the ground was soft and shooting barebow means nothing got broken. :)

inkystu

Once watched someone shoot a steep down hill shot at Overton Black Arrows field shoot at the warren. It was a 60m target. His wrist sling broke, the arrow went in the target, his bow was in hot pursuit of the arrow and ended up 15 meters BEHIND the target. It was a right mess. There were enough offers of spare equipment to help him finish the round. Fortunately the bow itself was ok but he never did straighten the sight extension!!!!:duh:

Huffy

I have done this as well,bow shot forward and rotated, landing on the tip of my spiggy carbon rod. End result carbon long shortened from 28" to 3":hissyfit:.Ended up going to Perris archery to quickly purchase any long rod in stock for the shoot the next weekend.

Best wishes, Mark

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I dropped Uller's brand new Mongolian. I was holding it like a recurve (I know, it is a recurve, but you know what I mean) but without a sling. Next thing I knew, the bow was on the floor. So I tried again, this time with the intention of hanging on. Failed miserably, and scuffed the snakeskin covering. I still cringe when I think about it

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
And for my next trick...

Following on from the above, last night Uller was shooting his Scythian. He has bought new arrows from Jaselpool for both the Scythian and his Mongolian. Having shot the Scythian arrows, which flew beautifully, he shot a couple of the Mong arrows. The still flew beautifully, even from the wrong bow. Then he offered me a go. Bad move. I shot low, and the arrow hit the bottom edge of the boss, breaking just below the fletching. He took it remarkably calmly. Once again, however, I'm cringing inside.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
It was highly amusing......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I couldn't blow the whistle for laughing!!!!

N.Vodden

Ironman
I dropped Uller's brand new Mongolian. I was holding it like a recurve (I know, it is a recurve, but you know what I mean) but without a sling. Next thing I knew, the bow was on the floor. So I tried again, this time with the intention of hanging on. Failed miserably, and scuffed the snakeskin covering. I still cringe when I think about it
i did exactly the same thing, slightly damaging my scythian bow :(

had been shooting the recurve for about 3 hrs and thought id chuck a few off the scythian to wind down and for a bit of fun. On the first shot, had hold of it like a recurve and of course, no sling.

Bow went shooting out of my hand and hit the deck a few metres forwards. chipped some of the fibreglass and a little of the wood on the nock. most annoying! it was checked and is still fine, just cosmetic so i sealed it with a little resin to be on the safe side, but still damned annoying!!

Mad Archer

Back in my recurve days I signed up for a days coaching. Got a bit hurried to get on the line for the first arrow and forgot my sling. Bow dropped on the ground and the Beiter long rod I was using snapped (they had a plastic adaptor at the screw end which broke instead of the more expensive carbon rod). Got a new adaptor a few days later, but had to do the coaching day with my V-bar rods as twin short rods instead.

gster123

I've sent my bow flying, the above set up, once whilst practicing in the back garden. I forgot to loop my sling on whilst tuning after making an adjustment.

Knocked the arrow, set up, drew back, anchored, clicker went, lovely release, bow went off, bottom limb hit the ground, BOING, unstring, luckily the bottom limb took the burden, when it went to the side the v bar rod hit man managed to unscrew the vbar, and it landed flat, so there was no damage! Very lucky! Just had to re tighten the stabalisers, restring, pick the bits of soil and grass out of the various bits and that was that!

Got to say I pooed myself when it happened and did a silly "try to catch" movement!

Larry

Dropped my Bow

I've done this twice so far, once on a hard floor with the bow bouncing down the Hall with an almighty clang and clatter (its a gold medallist), and once on grass. Bent the sight first time (straightened it out with pliers) and it survived unscathed the second time.

The problem is your immediate reaction is to go straight after it and I did this both times. Not a good idea when the archer next to you is lining up his perfect shot. Lucky I'm not very tall so they missed. [me!].

I think a bit of self preservation is worth considering.

Alexam

Golf glove

I can feel your pain! I'd dropped mine twice few months back because of a "loose" finger sling. (I was wearing a golfer glove.)
Bent the thread of the Beiter Adapter! Not just that, the tip of my bottom G3 limb was scratched as well!
Interesting to see the golf glove being used. Do you use it often and do many archers use a glove?

Malcolm

bolerus

I have done this tonight :(

was tuning my bow, forgot to put the finger sling back on and as I shot, watched my bow bounce along my halway.....

good new is, at least i know im not grabbing the bow on release anymore..

bad news,like an idiot, i didnt bother putting the v bar on, and just screwed the long rod in and of course, i bent the thread on my new beiter long rod... not a lot but definitely a bend there.

any suggestions on how to fix it..is it possible to replace the thread? ( if i under the end coupling with a allen key, could i replace the end with a bit of all thread or something ?)

RichParker

Odd works for me.
Anyhoo the part was a " Beiter Adapter (OUT) for Centralizer" perhaps googling that may bring something up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk