Easton ACC Arrows

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've just noticed that Easton has discontinued the ACC arrow. Does anyone know what arrow will be replacing the ACC or any good alternatives by Easton or other manufacturers?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I don't think there is a direct replacement. The Advance I think is the intended one but it's 100% carbon :( The nearest Ally/Carbon is, I think, the Pro Comp, but that's 50% more expensive, although I think they increased the spine range for recurves. Probably the arrows I will go to when my ACEs are finished.

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Does anyone know the differences between the Easton ACC and ACG arrows?
From what I can gather, they appear to be the same arrow. Both are parallel shafts, both have high modulus carbon wrapped around a 7075 aluminium tube. The only difference I can see, is the price, approx £50 per dozen more for the ACG shafts.

AndyS

Supporter
Supporter
ACG are a smaller diameter and similar GPI, e.g. 610 ACG are .218" OD & 7.3 GPI whereas the closest 620 ACCs are .242"OD & 7.5 GPI.

Also be aware that ACGs take 2 different component sizes: 540 and stiffer use the ACG points and pins, but 610 and weaker actually take ACE points & pins

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Cheers AndyS, Easton have discontinued the ACG arrow now as well as the ACC.
It's a pity none of the other manufacturers are producing an equivalent ally/carbon arrow, especially now there is a gap in the market. They all seem to be concentrating on all carbon arrows.

Whitehart

Cheers AndyS, Easton have discontinued the ACG arrow now as well as the ACC.
It's a pity none of the other manufacturers are producing an equivalent ally/carbon arrow, especially now there is a gap in the market. They all seem to be concentrating on all carbon arrows.
Skylon are currently developing an A/C shaft but consistency is the issue atm. Even briefest of glimpses of the manual process of wrapping the carbon on the Easton video show that it is an expensive labour intensive operation and I wonder what the manufacturing failure rate is. All carbon shafts can be made on a machine.

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Are Skylon arrows any good?
I believe the Cartel Triples are ally/carbon arrows, are these any good?
Sorry I'm not very with it when it comes to modern archery manufacturers, years ago when I was shooting regularly you only really had a choice of Easton or Beman for arrows.

Whitehart

No problems so far, but ACC's will be around for quite sometime yet there are plenty available

Ironically Beman Diva S were not always straight but still seemed to group OK and the benefits over aluminium were justification enough :)

Stretch

Bemans Diva S where great in the early years top performance and low cost but after one year of high volume use your best bet was to put them in the bin and buy a new set. ;) Especially loved the grab point and nock and twist ones. ...they were truly whacky! Later years... the 22 was rubbish at 5.9mm.

Diva + was same high performance but very limited life.

If you want a tank like arrow the ACC is certainly a strong contender.

Stretch

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
ACC are my goto indoor arrow now. For barebow they tune very well, are not too expensive for single spot faces and are a good compromise of speed against arrow dia. I will be sad to see them finally go.

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've have ordered a set of ACC's now, hopefully by the time I need to replace them a good alternative will be available.