Essential Equipment for Outdoor shoots

Barry C

What do you take to shoots with you? I make sure I brink a popabivy, tea and sandwiches, my trusty chair and of course my bow. Do you bring anything more unusual? I once bought a portable to to also catch the F1.

Shirt

Bow, scope or binos, couple of quid. Oh, and a chair, although I can't remember where I've put it...

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Bow, arrows, string+spare, tab+spare, button+spare, spare rest, spare nocks & fletchings, tools, superglue, micropore, scope, stand, bungee to tie down stand. Lots of grub, plenty of fluids, tent, comfy chair, waterproofs, gaiters, handwarmers, sun lotion, water spray for cooling me down, towel, face cloth, wooly hat, gloves, inesct repellant, talcum powder.

That's the main things... I won't bore you with the details :D :faint:

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Murray said:
Bow, arrows, string+spare, tab+spare, button+spare, spare rest, spare nocks & fletchings, tools, superglue, micropore, scope, stand, bungee to tie down stand. Lots of grub, plenty of fluids, tent, comfy chair, waterproofs, gaiters, handwarmers, sun lotion, water spray for cooling me down, towel, face cloth, wooly hat, gloves, inesct repellant, talcum powder.

That's the main things... I won't bore you with the details :D :faint:
Murray, you missed 'camels' and 'porters'

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Just make sure it fits in your bag so you only carry minimal amounts - less chance of forgeting something.....like a mallet for knocking in the tent pegs!!

Don't forget the sunglasses AND CAKE :cake:

Furface

Supporter
I have my hated tent, a pop-a-bivy type whcih is slightly different from most. The handy instructions on folding it up make it easy to do - if you are an 8-foot giant. So, if I'm on my own i tend to leave it behind; if the weather's good I don't need it, if the weather's bad it's impossible to put away (my record is 40 minutes in a thunderstorm at Andover, which started just as I had taken out the last peg. Also i once nearly got barred from a flight to Belfast because I refused to open it up to show the security wonks that the suspicious strips that showed up on x-ray weren't semtex).
So essentials include wooly hat for all seasons.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Cakemeister said:
Murray, you missed 'camels' and 'porters'
Ah yes- forgot the essential trolley!!!
?29 fishing trolley out of Argos - best piece of my kit by far!

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Pop-a-bivvy, scope and tripod, sarnies/pork pie, Mars bars, flask of coffee, bottle of water, chair, two bows (just in case), and a full range of spare strings, nocks, slings, rest, tab, fletchings & arrows etc.

Oh, and plenty of cigars, raffle money and chewing gum.

Mick

Marcus26

Sunscreen: I don't use it enough, but it's a must down here
Water
Eyedrops: starting to carry them as I require a contact lens in my right eye (and no glasses won't fix my vision) and if it dries out I'm done.
Palm Pilot: for Target Plot
Blunt knife: for getting stramit off my arrows

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Marcus26 said:
Sunscreen: I don't use it enough, but it's a must down here
Thanks for the reminder, Marcus, I knew there was something else.

Oh, and a HAT!!!

Mick