etelon or hayes

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
I decided, until I can make one, to buy a new bow. the one I have been using I got from ebay, its 32# and cost me about ?60. I have used it for the last 8 months and its seen me go from a 280 portsmouth to my best ever last week of 455. if I remember right it was tillered to 28, but my draw style has pushed it further and its getting a lot of set. ... on to my question, most of my bows( at the moment I have 4, 2 lams t 45# I osage at 5# and the 32# , they re all pretty wide bow and I would like to try something slimmer at about 40 I have been reading reviews every where and the slimmest ones seem to be either etelon or adrian hayes. does anyone else make a real slim bow, which is best?

Corax67

I don't know how slim you are looking for but I will always recommend Gary Evans longbows out of Wales Archery - I have one as do many other members of our club, we travelled from East Kent to Wales on a day trip just to get them, and they are simply superb.

Google for the specs but the Artisan (lowest price model) comes in a bewildering range of poundage/draw weight combinations. My brother-in-law has a 30" draw which is catered for by his Gary Evans and after a very heavy use season last year none of the bows are showing any signs of cast.

Happy user - great review :)

Karl

Nick Toy makes a good slim bow as well. I have owned 2 Aidy Hayes bows and 2 of Nick's and have no complaints about either. I draw 30" so have them for up to a 32" draw length to allow a factor of safety.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
so further checking (you can spend a whole lot of time looking at bows) I found what I wanted and the price was going up by small amounts until it hit silly money. so restarted with my original criteria, 40# a 28" (drawable to 30) bamboo backed and slim. now got to find one in the 3 to ?350 bracket

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
went for etelon in the end, just working out the details, then in 4 weeks my first built for me bow : D

Robertson

went for etelon in the end, just working out the details, then in 4 weeks my first built for me bow : D
Hello , finding your post about the Etelon longbow .
how do you like the bow ?
could you tell me more about the bow .
thank you

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
its a very good bow, have used it all summer and has taken no set. its a 50# draw, and seems to pile on the # earlier on in the draw compared to my 45# bows. being narrower it also helps with arrow spine choice