European Indoor Archery Championships 2020

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
To be honest if all that attened are dead within the next 10 weeks I don't really care any more. I care about the elderly in my road that need shopping and medication. They need people to help them. Those people helping will almost certainly pass on the virus at some point. It is inevitable. And when my neighbours need ICU beds they will find them occupied by selfish sportspeople who think their sport is more important than other people's lives. Or perhaps they are just too stupid to understand.

Whitehart

I cannot wish people dead, but it does seem totally selfish but that is why we will be on lock down soon - just asking does not work. We have closed both our shops today for the foreseeable future, basically the safety of staff is paramount from the few who still don't get it.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Oh gosh, I didn't mean that I wish people ill. I only mean I don't have time for these people any more. Just that I wish they would think about what they are doing.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I can only assume because the NIFAA wanted to host it... keep in mind that WA had already been suspended all of their international archery, and even Archery GB had been advising against archery... they probably didn't have the insurance to cover the losses if it was cancelled and were happy to risk the health of all the athletes and volunteers to save themselves the money.

olis

Supporter
Supporter
I did hear that about half were no shows, and looking at the results the people I know didn't shoot.
The Covid situation is changing so rapidly that I think they were unfortunate with the timing, a week earlier and it would probably be deemed okay; a week later and it probably would have been cancelled.
The Pan-European results list makes for queasy reading right now.