Facebook Archery Score Pad

Barry C

I know some people here use this application but I just thought I would push it a bit more to people :D It was made by a member of our club Matthew Brown.

It keeps your records and averages by season, there is a monthly league for every round and a team ranking for every round. Currently it's dominated by student clubs but hopefully the real world will work its was in soon.

Archery Score Pad | Facebook

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
It's a good app.

Shame facebook ain't cool and hip anymore though :p

Hidden Hippo

Thanks for the link. At least I can see where I may fall within the student rankings even though Bristol doesn't have a uni club itself.

Hidden Hippo

I'm already right down in the rankings. Ah well, I've got plenty of time to keep on putting in some good scores - according to the score pad I was only 3 points behind Ceri in Feb for a portsmouth - not too shabby considering it was the first one I'd shot with a compound.

Rainbow

The American
American Shoot
Thanks for that tip I am registered with facebook so that is great I will spread the word around

done it need to get some scores now

Hidden Hippo

Don't we already have that with the VGP? I can set one up if you want though, it could be good considering quite a few people (myself included) simply don't have time for the VGP (well, the indoor one at least).

Edit: Done and dusted. Its called AIUK Social Club.

mattieb

Shame it's only target and therefore of no use.
Hi, I'm responsible for the Facebook Archery Score Pad.

I have just added NFAS field rounds. Er, hopefully. I don't quite understand the rules fully. Do you shoot a set number of targets? Or can it vary from shoot to shoot? At the moment, the app validates against hits and maximum score. Reading the NFAS rules, I believe these should be

(name) (max score) (hits)
Game Round 280 42
Woodsman 420 42
Forester 525 35
Bushman 525 140
Poacher 630 42
Swedish... 525 35
E.Midlands unlimited unlimited

Please could you (anyone) confirm whether these are wrong or accurate?

Also, since I can't find anything in the NFAS rules to explain how to deal with ties, the rounds will order people by score, hits, and then number of kills/spot-scores? Are numbers of kills/spot-scores useful quantities, or does no-one bother with them? If you want to actually submit a score for these rounds, you should enter these kills/spots in the 'golds' column.

Raedwald

Hi, I'm responsible for the Facebook Archery Score Pad.

I have just added NFAS field rounds. Er, hopefully. I don't quite understand the rules fully. Do you shoot a set number of targets? Or can it vary from shoot to shoot? At the moment, the app validates against hits and maximum score. Reading the NFAS rules, I believe these should be

(name) (max score) (hits)
Game Round 280 42
Woodsman 420 42
Forester 525 35
Bushman 525 140
Poacher 630 42
Swedish... 525 35
E.Midlands unlimited unlimited

Please could you (anyone) confirm whether these are wrong or accurate?

Also, since I can't find anything in the NFAS rules to explain how to deal with ties, the rounds will order people by score, hits, and then number of kills/spot-scores? Are numbers of kills/spot-scores useful quantities, or does no-one bother with them? If you want to actually submit a score for these rounds, you should enter these kills/spots in the 'golds' column.
Hi there Mattie.

Thanks - and sorry if my reply came over a little heavy, that wasn't the intention.

Yes, the number of targets can/does vary from shoot to shoot. 36 or 40 are probably the most common, but can certainly be lower (and occasionally higher - we like to keep things simple!!).

Looking at a 40 target course:

Big Game (which tends to be the most common I think) score maximum would be 800 (40 x 1st arrow kill @ 20pts).

Scoring is 20/16, 14/10, 8/4 depending on 1st/2nd/3rd arrow and if a kill/wound (Mind you, some shoots use a 24pt pro-kill - we like to keep things simple in the NFAS!)

What happens on a tie I can't comment on - I think tie scores are treated as that, a tie, but that may vary from club and shoot to shoot.

Hope that helps.

I'll re-add the app later!

Last edited:

Raedwald

Just a thought, would it be a simple task to add the NFAS styles that aren't covered within GNAS (so AFB, HT, BH and so on)?

mattieb

Thanks - and sorry if my reply came over a little heavy, that wasn't the intention.
No, sorry, someone else had asked for NFAS rounds previously and I forgot about it... But then I was directed to this thread and decided I should get round to it :)

Just a thought, would it be a simple task to add the NFAS styles that aren't covered within GNAS (so AFB, HT, BH and so on)?
I can add anything, really... But what are AFB, HT, BH... ?? Sorry for my ignorance but I only shoot GNAS target rounds so everything else I'm in the dark...

Yes, the number of targets can/does vary from shoot to shoot. 36 or 40 are probably the most common, but can certainly be lower (and occasionally higher - we like to keep things simple!!).

Looking at a 40 target course:
Hmm... Will that be a problem for ranking people if there are essentially arbitrary numbers of targets (and, therefore, maximum points)?

At the moment the rounds are setup basically unlimited...

What happens on a tie I can't comment on - I think tie scores are treated as that, a tie, but that may vary from club and shoot to shoot.
Hmm, I suppose since there's nothing in the NFAS rules, as far as I can see, I should just leave it as tieing on scores... Hmm, that's another point, in a field round, does it mean the more arrows you shoot, the worse you are? ie, contrary to the target ranking schemes?

I can get rid of the hits/'golds' bit, it's just that that would have taken another five minutes and I was bone idle...

Raedwald

The AFB etc are the NFAS "Shooting Styles", i.e. Bow Types. There are 10 in total: So,

AFB = American FlatBow
HT = Hunting Tackle (Trad Recurve I think GNAS calls it. EFAA call it HS/Hunting Style)
BH = BowHunter

etc, etc....

the NFAS Website details what they are. The 5 styles you list already "kind of" translate, although "Recurve" would probably be "Freestyle" and (I assume) "Compound" would be "Unlimited".

As for number of arrows shot, that really depends on the round. Big Game is a maximum of 3 (the first scoring arrow is the one that counts). So, on a 40 target course an archer will shoot anything between 40 and 120 arrows. I'm not sure the number of arrows shot to achieve the score matters/means anything.

Like I said, we like to keep things simple!

Now, EFAA is a different thing altogether! :)

(BTW - wasn't there already an AIUK Facebook group?)

mattieb

The AFB etc are the NFAS "Shooting Styles", i.e. Bow Types. There are 10 in total: So,
Erm, ok, I can probably add them all...

As for number of arrows shot, that really depends on the round. Big Game is a maximum of 3 (the first scoring arrow is the one that counts). So, on a 40 target course an archer will shoot anything between 40 and 120 arrows. I'm not sure the number of arrows shot to achieve the score matters/means anything.
Ok, but I mean if someone shoots a 40 target course and gets a maximum score, whatever that is, someone else could shoot the same round with 30 targets or 50 targets, and the maximum score is then different. Hence, it's not fair to rank someone who shot 50 targets higher than someone who only shot 30 targets...

Also, re my point about ranking hits, if you did, for example, a Big Game round and got all your points on your first arrows, that surely means you are a better shot than someone who got their points on their second and third arrows... Thus number of arrows/hits is inversely proportional to shooting skill; for target archery the number of arrows/hits is directly proportional to shooting skill, since you'll only get fewer hits than the maximum if you miss. In any case, if you don't ordinarily discriminate between hits, maybe I can leave it off. I am keen to include more ranking divisions (scores/hits/golds/Xs, etc) because then it's less likely that people will be absolutely tied, and absolute ties require programming effort ;0