Fair price for a avalon Plus riser

nfinite

Ironman
Quick question for you all.

A friend is thinking about selling his silver hoyt avalon plus riser and asked how much it would be worth?

Now I am aware that this model has been changing hands for silly money over eb*y since it is still a very popular riser but what is a fair price to ask.

When I say silly money, I remember one going for close to ?250, which to me sounds extreme.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
there is one on ebay as I write....

you have to remember, that the 'fair' price for one is as much or as little as the buyer is willing to pay.

If the one you were talking of were listed at ?180, one person might dismiss the asking price as a joke, yet another would consider it a steal. Oh! the joys of consumerism.

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Silly money for such an old riser when there are so many good brand new ones on the market!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Silly money for such an old riser when there are so many good brand new ones on the market!
Always thought that about guitars. Why pay over ?4,500 for a 1960's Fender Precision when you get a new one for a few hundred quid.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
At least old guitars have a fairly well defined re-sell market :)

Must look out that Hoyt Radian ... a true vintage classic!

JohnK

I met a bloke at the NFAS champs who had just bought a perfect condition blue Radian with C+ limbs for ?50. He only wanted it for the limbs, which he was going to use with a DAS riser. I'm still kicking myself now for not offering to buy the riser for ?50 there and then. I wouldn't have shot it, just sold it :)

As for the Avalon, once the limb pocket problems were sorted out it seemed to be a very good riser that a lot of people loved and shot very well. If I had one in excellent condition I'd stick it on Ebay with a reserve of something around the ?80 mark and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I would reckon up to ?100 for an avalon plus in good condition...

Radian - not sure. Maybe I'll stick it on Ebay with a reserve of ?150 and see what happens :D