[Horsebow] Falco Storm

i32547

Does anyone here shoot a Falco Storm?
What do you think of the bow?

I have noticed that Jason from Thelongbowshop is a member somewhere here, of course he must have extensive experience with them I assume...?

Thanks

Isa

ChakaZulu

I've not shot one (indeed I've never seen one) but I have seen what the website says about it. It's a pity that they don't seem to have a full length photo! My only comment is that it says that the maximum draw length is 28" because the bow is 54" long. There are many bows of 50" or so that can be pulled way beyond 30". If you have a short draw length then this may not bother you. Personally I find it troubling and would definitely want to try the bow before recommending it.

i32547

Dan, i have one, when I meet you one day I shall bring it along so you can check it out. I have arrived at the conclusion that it is not suitable for thumb draw, unless you are quite small and have a short draw length. The storm begins to stack at 27" and upto 29" dramatically so. Beyond 29" is pretty much impossible to draw safely. Around 28" though, it is extremely fast! Mine is around 50#. A friend has an 85# one! He doesn't use the thumb draw though, and his has an arrow shelf whereas mine doesn't.
As you mentioned Dan, the draw length is an issue for me, but when I purchased th bow I was not using thumb draw so it wasn't much of a problem. My Falco Storm has just been sitting here now, I've been using a Korean bow...first a 30# to condition the thumb, now am onto a 40#. Hopefully will move up a bit in the next few weeks.
I read the article you wrote Dan regarding thumb draw and instinctive aiming, very useful info thanks!
I have a short video on YouTube of my falco being shot using thumb draw. I don't know how to add media here, so I will just post the link here:

[video=youtube_share;9YqAS4Ywmoc]http://youtu.be/9YqAS4Ywmoc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

ChakaZulu

Thanks for the video. Interesting looking bow and the location made me chuckle. I recognise that row of targets! See you in October?

i32547

You may see me here in October Dan, not sure though...my visa is expiring and I should be returning home soon hopefully.
Master Park told me that you'll be coming in October.
Too be honest I can't see myself competing here this year...although, master Park has told me to return in August and stay untill October, so we will see...

ChakaZulu

Enjoy the rest of your time there. I'm very jealous! Please give my very best wishes to Grand Master Kim, Master Park and all my other friends there.

ghound

I have a Falco Storm for sale/swap 66lb@28'' it's the double carbon version.
Like others have said, it stacks bad after 28'' though the longbow shop rates them to 29''. It defo spits them out fast and flat, way better than the Chinese horse bow i had before, just wish it had a 30'' draw....

i32547

How much are you after for your Storm?
Whereabouts are you based?
Does it have a shelf?
Any pics?

I may be able to find a buyer.

What bow are for looking for a swap with?

Isa

ghound

How much are you after for your Storm?
Whereabouts are you based?
Does it have a shelf?
Any pics?

I may be able to find a buyer.

What bow are for looking for a swap with?

Isa
Yes it has a shelf, i would swap for something similar but with a longer draw length

Blue_Jay

Would anyone recommend this bow for someone with a very short (approx 21.5 in) draw length. Looking at getting one but can't try it out first.