Female archers help!

CharleneC88

Hi I'm new to the forum
Not strictly a dress code question but seems to fit here the best..
My question if for the women's archers out there and whether nail extensions would be safe when shooting recurve barebow. Google results have come back both sides.
Has anyone here had them and still been able to shoot fine, with no mishaps?
I have some social occasions coming up where I would normally get my nails done up but now I've taken up archery, and also entering competitions I don't wanna risk ripping one off *ouch*
Stories would be appreciated!
Thanks

Alison

I shoot barebow and when I upgraded from my basic tab I was advised to get one that had leather long enough to protect my fingers, including my nails (which were quite long at the time, but natural). I haven't had any problem with it.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I have know some ladies with quite long fingernails who have shot successfully. Given though that we are all recommended to shoot with our new tabs for a bit to get the string and finger marks on them and then trim down so there is no excess to flap about and possibly affect the string on loose... some may have varying mileage on leaving a tab long to protect nails from damage. I doubt it matter whether you are shooting barebow or mediterranian.