Field archery coaching, Yorkshire or thereabouts?

LittleSkink

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction - been trying to sort out some Field archery coaching for myself and teenage daughter. We know our way round target shooting but dont know anyone who shoots field and have yet to do it, so would like to spend a half day (or so) learning the ropes. FWIW we have suitable kit already

Approached a couple of local clubs (nothing that close really) but no luck so far. Approached Eagle nr Washington as they advertise exactly this but again no luck (not answering email)

Can travel but prefer not too far from Yorkshire / Derbyshire

bobnewboy

Unless your field archery has to be AGB based, you could have a look at NFAS clubs in your area. There are quite a few clubs that seem to be in your area, see the clubs map at:

You should be able to find appropriate contact details elsewhere in the NFAS website.

Cheers, Bob

LittleSkink

thanks Bob, should have said, the clubs I reached out to were on NFAS website - but not heard back

maybe its because of lock-down, my guess is any outdoor sport is inundated with folks wanting to join / try (eg our canoe club has never had so many queries and simply hasnt got enough boats to go round). Clubs are maybe looking after their regulars first

bobnewboy

thanks Bob, should have said, the clubs I reached out to were on NFAS website - but not heard back

maybe its because of lock-down, my guess is any outdoor sport is inundated with folks wanting to join / try (eg our canoe club has never had so many queries and simply hasnt got enough boats to go round). Clubs are maybe looking after their regulars first
I think that many clubs for any kind of outdoor activity are all working hard to get their Covid ducks in a line to start with (changes, processes, procedures et al), plus of course a lot of people are going back to work; and then it is likely that there is a renewed demand for membership. So perhaps stick with it, and maybe use the phone numbers for contact if you don’t have much luck with emails etc. Also of course, most club officials are volunteers, so it may take a little while for things to get back up and running to near-normal levels.

Good luck!

LittleSkink

thanks again for replies

We have now found a club (Spirit of Sherwood) that is looking at sorting some dates for us to get along - they are trying to organise a series of sessions for induction / beginners to get us to "certified as competent" for NFAS

malbro

Instinctive Archer
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
thanks again for replies

We have now found a club (Spirit of Sherwood) that is looking at sorting some dates for us to get along - they are trying to organise a series of sessions for induction / beginners to get us to "certified as competent" for NFAS
Most clubs seem to do one or two induction courses per year, if they do more that is great. With the Covid lockdown there will be a backlog so clubs will organise more training courses if they can but as said before all are volunteers. Good luck.