Field Captain. / Club Level

Robin the Hood

How many Archers / Targets does there need to be before a Field Capt. becomes necessary on a Club day?
Do you have one as permanent office due to the size of your club?....:scratchch

Paul...
:whistlebl

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm the *official* field captain of our club, but we have a small group of people who have been nominated to do the job. Often the chairman will captain for me so I can concentrate on my round, or I'll take over from him if he has to leave early, etc.

Even if there are only two people, one of them should always act as field captain. We get a lot of idiots cutting across our field behind the target or letting their dogs off the lead, so we make safety a priority.

paulhuk

We don't have any officially nominated field captains. We instill into our beginners that really anyone can be field captain as long as they know what's required, and as all of that is drummed into them at the beginners course anyway we try to encourage more people to do this.

Having said that, there's only a select few that actually put themselves out there to do it (I'm one of them) so we swap it around depending on who's shooting rounds and who's just down for a bit of fun/practice.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
I have a whistle so guess who is field captain. You ALWAYS need a field captain, no ifs or buts. Even with two shooting someone is in charge.

grimsby archer

I have a whistle so guess who is field captain. You ALWAYS need a field captain, no ifs or buts. Even with two shooting someone is in charge.
We have a "club whistle" that is handed almost ceremonially to club members at a certain point in their club membership. Its a bit like a right of passage. The "certain point" tends to be when they start getting vocal about the current field captain being too busy talking to blow the whistle quick enough:cheerful:
Once someone has held the "club whistle" for a session or two, I find they often go out and buy their own.

MINIMike

We have a permanent Field Captain (me).

As far as I am concerned EVERY shoot should have a nominated FC irrespecive of how many (or few) are shooting.

If I can't attend a club shoot I have two deputies who will take over.