Field ILF riser?

4d4m

A little feedback after owning the riser for six weeks or so. I love it, it's a gorgeous bow with the mainly black limbs and a red/black string. I haven't got access to a bow scale but it feels every pound of 42 @ 28", so 48-50 at my 32"! The limbs don't stack at all even at that draw, though they are long ones, I guess medium ones might start to. It is borderline too heavy for me at my current rate of shooting so I'm considering getting some lighter ones too, perhaps 30lb ones for around 36 @ 28.

It really kicks the arrows out. My Timber Creek wood effect carbons with 120g field points are 374 grains and they're leaving this bow at 210 fps!

Graham Smith

AIUK Saviour
Yes I love mine too. It feels well balanced and good in the hand.
I'm shooting with 30lb Mybo limbs (medium) and my draw is 28 inches. Lovely and smooth. I'm currently shooting XX75 aluminium out of it and they shoot well. I'm going to try carbons sometime soon.
I have measured it on a bow scale and the 30lb limbs pull spot on at 36lbs at 28 inches.

4d4m

I got some new limbs in the end, just some cheap ones. WNS Explore W1 in 32lb long at £65.

Pretty impressed for the price. Smooth drawing, straight and accurate. Finish a bit so-so, I had to tidy up the string nocks with some fine sandpaper as the lacquer had some sharp corners or ridges I wasn't happy with. Nock grooves are not the place to have anything rough.

On this bow I'm drawing 48lb at 32" now, whereas with the W&W (36@28) I was drawing 56lb at 32! No wonder I couldn't shoot them for long. This also suggests the W&W were actually stacking quite a bit despite my earlier impressions. I guess I am pushing the envelope a bit.

Graham Smith

AIUK Saviour
I'm shooting cheap limbs with my riser too, Mybo Star and they are fine. Smooth and quiet and I've not noticed any sign of stacking but then my draw is 28 inches at the most.
I'm now shooting Gold Tip Hunter carbons, 500 spine and they shoot really well. Quite a few trees have jumped out in front of them and they have suffered no damage at all. Very happy with the bow and the arrows.