Field Master Bowman

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I am quite chuffed for two reasons; 1) - I attained my field master bowman this year with the three scores shot at Fort Purbrook - unmarked, Pentref - marked & Panther Bowhunter - marked, 2) - I posted the form on Monday afternoon, get home on Thursday and the badge is on the doorstep!!

Guessing it's quiet up in GNAS Towers this week!! ;)

Corax67

That is great news - congratulations.

Need to see a pic of the badge adorning your kit at some point.

Karl

- - - Updated - - -

Need to see a pic of the badge adorning your kit at some point.

Karl

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Cheers :)

this is it alongside my (old style) target MB badge, though I tend not to wear them as it's always annoying to retrace your steps looking for badges that have fallen off the quiver!! ;)

Alison

Congratulations and well done! Although I do think the new badge looks a bit disappointing compared to the old design. Not that I'd grumble if I had one!

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Agreed, and why is TM bigger than GB on the new badge?
I don't think it's smaller per-say, but in a different font which appears clearer. The GB will be to the same scale as the rest of the Archery GB logo and it may then just be a case of that's the smallest they can put legible writing on a badge. And I'm assuming they have to include 'TM' everytime they use the logo otherwise they're at risk of losing it.

LMK

Very well done Bimble - Id echo the comments about the badge - much prefer the old style MB

Zhoo Zhoo

Congratulations indeed bimble, it paid off not taking photos and just concentrating on your scores at Essex. I fear this means that we'll see fewer excellent archery photos next year though as you'll be going for your GMB scores!

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Congratulations indeed bimble, it paid off not taking photos and just concentrating on your scores at Essex. I fear this means that we'll see fewer excellent archery photos next year though as you'll be going for your GMB scores!
hehehe, my very best score was still 5 points off the GMB for compound, and my other two scores were bang on MB and one point higher, I think it's safe to say that GMB will require more practice than I have the time to give it. So no worries there!!

And as there isn't really an incentive, such as the UK Masters in target, to maintain MB/GMB, I am happy to have achieved it at least the once! :)