Finger tab (none platform)

DigitalClock

I went ahead and bought a Cavalier elite tab, however it says something about cutting the leather into a V shape where the nock sits. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

buzz lite beer

I never cut anything from my Cavalier Tab, one of the reasons other than it makes no difference when it is cut down, is that when I get a new face it's exactly the same as the last one. What I understud by "the cutting of the V shape" you mention is from the notch in the tab plate to extend out to the edge of the tab face, most people who I know that cut any leather from the tab just make a parrallel cut from the start of upper notch (designed to accomodate a nock set)

to the bottom of the notch on the string alignment plate.

Skybone

That depends on how much pain you can take. The first hint of soreness at anytime is a sign you need a thicker tab, my fingers feel the same after shooting as they do before.

To be honest, 36lbs would have me sqealing like a piggeh after a dozen on a basic tab.

If you wish to play it safe, get a new tab as soon as you can and get used to the feel of it.

Just a thought, I think the A&F single tab is just one thickness of material. Hopefully someone can confirm or correct me?
There's only a few places that are selling the A&F Single Tab, M.A.C. being one, and I think Clickers in Norwich are one of the others. I didn't put the link up, because I assumed it would have incurred "The Wrath of Dave". ;)

I'm on my second A&F Single Tab, and I bought a "spare" when I got that one, and I can quite safely say that all 3 are double layer leather of reasonable thickness. My first one was bought about 5 years ago, and was only replaced late last year because the faces were that curled up.

I'm using a 45lb draw bow (probably pulling a touch more than that), and I find the A&F to be a basic, but superb tab.

Nic Rhodes

Interesting comments for me here as I have been playing with tabs recently. I found quite a variability in my ability to use certain tabs, but to my surprize my 'modest' skills were most consistent with the 'simple' Wilson Black Widow tab. I was wondering what other 'simple' tabs (32 to 36lbs) people would recommend trying if I like the Wilson.

Grum

It may sound odd, but I borrowed a Gompy hairy tab while test shooting my bow during updates at a shop. I absolutely loved the smooth release I was getting, and am tempted to try one for a longer term or grab an A&F simple tab and combine it with a hairy face....