Fletching advice

Hi folks,

Can anybody recommend a cheap but good fletching tool?
Bought a set of arrows socks and new fletchings/ nocks and want some good tools to fit these well.

Any videos on how to do it would be gratefully received too

AndyW

Hi, the cartel fletching jig is pretty good for most things. Just search youtube there's loads of videos.
Welcome.

AndyW

I use Gorilla super glue but most of the gel type super glues and various other glues will be fine (everyone's got a favourite). I'm assuming you're putting plastic vanes onto wraps. Fletching is a bit of an art but you will find what works best.
Sounds odd but it's kind of addictive, you find yourself trying out different vanes just because they're pretty and you've got a spare hour.
Word of caution though if your using cheaper carbons or Allies I wouldn't bother with the wraps to start with as you will be better served getting the fletching process right rather than eating through expensive wraps. They can also be a pig to get off and you will be potentially throwing three vanes and a wrap away for the sake of one mistake. It will work out less expensive to have a practice arrow which you can clean up without stripping wraps every time. Just until you master it.
GL & have fun.

fbirder

Personally, I would recommend trying spinny vanes (I use XS Wings) with arrow wraps. With traditional vanes you'll need to replace all three vanes if one is damaged - because it's virtually impossible to remove the dead one without ruining the wrap. With spinnies it's simple to replace them.

AndyW

Nah, even the old Evo Stick ain't getting past the meth and tramadol. Maybe it's just me. I like shiny and pretty.