Fletching cleaning jig.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
One of the fiddly jobs with arrow fletching is cleaning the fletchings before applying the glue.
I usually put a fletching in the clamp and clean each one separately. I thought a really long clamp would allow me to clean all the fletchings at once.
In the garage, I found a 50cm piece of tongue and groove, and an old plastic piano hinge. The hinge looks like a long fletching clamp and as luck would have it, the groove in the board makes a nice tight holder for it. I can put a dozen fletchings in the " camp" and hold the board in the vice and clean a dozen fletchings with a good wipe up and down. The feet all line up end to end and make a continuous length ready to clean.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
HEEH , Well I can manage without it but it just takes out the slow fiddling and waiting for each fletch to dry out before putting glue on.
Perhaps I should invent a jig so I can glue all the fletchings to a wrap and just cut every three off the strip! Now that would be a time saver.

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
HEEH , Well I can manage without it but it just takes out the slow fiddling and waiting for each fletch to dry out before putting glue on.
Perhaps I should invent a jig so I can glue all the fletchings to a wrap and just cut every three off the strip! Now that would be a time saver.
There you go again! Giving yourself another problem to solve!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I just enjoy solving little problems that I feel I have a chance of getting somewhere.
I made a mouth operated release aid some years ago. It worked with a remote trigger from a camera, the rubber bulb variety. I had to reverse the action so sucking activated the trigger.