FormMaster - is it practice?

fbirder

AGB rules forbid practice before a competition, with only six sighters allowed.

One of our club members makes FormMaster-type devices, that allow you to practice form and release with the arrow only flying a few feet forward. Would this count as practice before a competition?

I assume that just using it to practice the draw would definitely be OK.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If you need to stand on the shooting line for safety reasons, as the arrow leaves the bow, then most probably it would not be permitted.

Corax67

If the arrow leaves the bow - irrespective of distance - then my understanding is that it would be deemed to be practice.

Karl

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
AGB rules forbid practice before a competition, with only six sighters allowed.

One of our club members makes FormMaster-type devices, that allow you to practice form and release with the arrow only flying a few feet forward. Would this count as practice before a competition?.
If an arrow is being shot, regardless of distance, the field MUST be under control of he field captain. Only six arrows are allowed to be shot unless under WA rules. So it would count as sighters not practice, but I know what Karl means. Outside of field control you would not be able to let loose an arrow at any distance. Of course, if you are not on the shooting field you can practice as much as you want.
I assume that just using it to practice the draw would definitely be OK.
Yep, don't see why not; as long as you only draw the bow on the shooting line.