Fort Purbrook FITA Field 2012

English Bowman

Just a quick heads up to AI members that the entry forms for the Fort Purbrook Field shoot are out now. The shoot is on the 11th/12th August and was over-subscribed last year, so if you want to come I'd advise getting the entry in sooner rather than later.
If you've got any questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer them.

Darryl

Just a quick heads up to AI members that the entry forms for the Fort Purbrook Field shoot are out now. The shoot is on the 11th/12th August and was over-subscribed last year, so if you want to come I'd advise getting the entry in sooner rather than later.
If you've got any questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer them.
Sarah and I will be there again Daniel. Just have to get the entries off when I have some more steady income coming in.

chrispy

Just posted mine, always wanted to do this one, bit of a trek from south shields but I have family in Southampton so I,ll eat their food and drink their drink!!

fanio

If it wasn't for UK National Outdoor Championships at Lilleshall over that weekend, it would have been a cert.

The scheduling for the big tournaments are consistent year on year, and freely visible on AGB website, so hopefully next year such a clash might be avoided?

Darth Tom

I'm trying to get into Field archery and this one is quite local to me (I'm in Berkshire) so will be filling in my form soon!

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I to would love to do this shoot... but with the trunkated season with the Olympics and Paralympics will probably be picking the BTC in the chase for scores for ranking/MB... though I may wait until after the Masters just to see how I'm scoring...

Darryl

If it wasn't for UK National Outdoor Championships at Lilleshall over that weekend, it would have been a cert.

The scheduling for the big tournaments are consistent year on year, and freely visible on AGB website, so hopefully next year such a clash might be avoided?
It was held at the same time last year and there is only so much clubs can do to avoid clashing. There is only so much jigging that can be done to accomodate for clashes. While my knowledge of the Fort is limited, it is the base for Peter Ashley Activity Centres and I'm not 100% sure how flexible they are with having the tournaments at any time of the year. However, your best bet would be to raise your concern with Daniel.

Fanio, for instance about clashing take a look at the Soton H2H. It clashes with the All British Field and Open Field Championships at Overton Black Arrows. Nothing can be done but have clashes I'm afraid, you just have to pick which competitions you want to go to.

Will be up at Buriton this weekend for the HAA Field Champs. Should be fun.

English Bowman

We'd love to avoid a clash, but this is the only weekend that we can have the Fort to ourselves, which means we can not only put on the shoot, but also offer accommodation inside the Fort. We could maybe change the date, but if we did, we'd have to work around other groups using the centre which isn't practical. Still, it's nice to be thought as a big shoot in only our 2nd year of running the shoot. :)

chrispy

There is no particular dress code, but something bright is sensible , but saying that I have just got back from the All British Field champs and there were archers wearing jeans, shorts, no flip flops though!

G

GuardianAngel

Got my forms in for this. Really looking forward to it. Seen some pics and cant wait.

Darryl

Just about to post my entries off for myself and Sarah, hope there are still spaces.....crosses fingers.